What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

eBay sellers are a varied lot.
The other day I decided I should replace the bearing on the idler pulley of my 1997 Celica, since I had it apart. I had the same type bearing fail on my pickup a few years ago. So I drove over to the local bearing supplier, only to discover it wasn't there any more, or they changed the name of the place, or something. I came home, looked on ebay, and found the right size bearing, made by SKF in Italy, at a seller in Miami for a little over $8. It was here in a couple of days and eliminated my driving around any more looking for disappearing stores.

The Wi-Fi doesn't work in my hotel room this evening. I'm using the "lobby" Wi-Fi now. The lobby has a different address than the rooms. At least it's a good signal. The staff doesn't seem to appreciate me lounging about in my underwear though.

Trying to sell something on Facebook Marketplace. Got 3 scammers within 24 hours and no real reaction.

Edit: make that 4
My favourite is where you set an exact fixed state the price and location, and the questions are all:

"Hello Sir what is price make best offer"
"Hello Sir I am in Sri Lanka, you will send to me then I post cheque ok?"

And my very favrouite:
"Hi is this still available I really need this now !"
" Yes it is"
<never replies again>

2 x residents booked on room only rate, asked for a table at 8pm.
20 minutes late already, we close at 8.30pm so sat here waiting to see if the show up.
just rude !
When I stayed in Semur in France the restaurants stopped serving food at around 8.30 to 9 PM. In Paris the "bonne heure" to arrive at a restaurant is 9PM. On a weekend there was always a lot of Parisian visitors (its on the TGV line). The locals LOVED telling them they were too late and everywhere else was shut too. Always with lots of bants "but in Paris" YOU ARENT IN PARIS, WE ARE SHUT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back