What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can't stand bullies. Somehow I have a feeling these three kids you talk of, do not have much of a home-life. That and they lack decent role models at home to look up to.
They do. I had two of those boys at the private school I was at last year. They were both expelled this year from there and ended up the middle school I am at now. One parent is a grandmother raising four kids who don't have mom/dad. The other one is a single mother that is indifferent to his behavior and she doesn't know what to do. It's a sad thing there are many others like them.

You are right. He's in 6th grade, but he's so small and a gentle boy. He says he's shocked by the behavior and never thought it would be like it has been so far. We will get it resolved.
Perhaps get an upper-grader to hang out with him?

When I was in high school, there was a 10th grader that transferred to our school.
Right away, he started picking on the 9th graders, beating them up unless they gave him their lunch money.

The kid thought he was a badass until one day, I had about enough of his sh!t - keep in mind, that at the time, I was the school's varsity baseball pitcher also lettering both track and baseball. So *technically* speaking, I was a jock, so I had a bit of latitude when it came to getting in trouble.

So one day, I caught the guy in the hall, roughing up a freshman and I snatched the punk up by the hair and beat his ass and then stuffed him in the trashcan.

What did Mr. Tough guy do? He not only cried, but peed himself.

I was sent to the dean's office and got a stern lecture, Mr. Tough-guy was the laughing stock of the school and all of a sudden, I had little groupies.

:lol:

* I should add that I was a senior (12th grade) and stood 6'1" and weighed about 185 lbs., too. *

Last edited:
Perhaps get an upper-grader to hang out with him?

When I was in high school, there was a 10th grader that transferred to our school.
Right away, he started picking on the 9th graders, beating them up unless they gave him their lunch money.

The kid thought he was a badass until one day, I had about enough of his sh!t - keep in mind, that at the time, I was the school's varsity baseball pitcher also lettering both track and baseball. So *technically* speaking, I was a jock, so I had a bit of latitude when it came to getting in trouble.

So one day, I caught the guy in the hall, roughing up a freshman and I snatched the punk up by the hair and beat his ass and then stuffed him in the trashcan.

What did Mr. Tough guy do? He not only cried, but peed himself.

I was sent to the dean's office and got a stern lecture, Mr. Tough-guy was the laughing stock of the school and all of a sudden, I had little groupies.

:lol:

* I should add that I was a senior (12th grade) and stood 6'1" and weighed about 185 lbs., too. *
I will be his shadow for the rest of the year. That's a good idea. I have one in mind.

guy books in for lunch, says he's Vegan.
i offer him a couple of options that are not on our sunday lunch menu.
no he want yorkshire pudding, cauliflower cheese and vegetables.
so your not Vegan then ?
yes i am !
really, because there are eggs and milk in the yorkshire puddings, milk, butter and cheese in the cauli cheese ?

he then goes to reception after his meal to offer his advice that it would've been nice if we offered a Vegan roast lunch on sunday.

YOUR NOT F###ING VEGAN, YOU MUPPET !

so your not Vegan then ?
yes i am !
really, because there are eggs and milk in the yorkshire puddings, milk, butter and cheese in the cauli cheese ?

he then goes to reception after his meal to offer his advice that it would've been nice if we offered a Vegan roast lunch on sunday.

I thought yesterday was attention seekers day?

so your not Vegan then ?
yes i am !

Nothing says Vegan more than "I hate meat. Can you make this plant based stuff look and taste like meat?"

I have nothing against Vegetarians, but Vegans take it to an extreme. Almost militant like.

What didn't annoy me today?!
Work is still slow, the boss wants to reprice everything, so I got interrogated about how long it takes to make my products. One piece or a large run?
I can fill a rack (250 pcs) in about an hour and a half. A small order is less efficient because of set up and run times. We have this conversation several times a year. The answer is always the same.
Gahhh! He's at it again!!!!
Now he wants run times for 3' and 8'!
I think I'll just start writing up T&M sheets for every order I make. Then he can get an average for everything.

Duct. Residential and commercial.
With softening demand due to higher interest rates, we need to cut our prices.

Interesting. Do you work for a regional or national supplier? I only ask because I wonder if the declining demand is regional.

Despite the interest rates ,demand here where I live exceeds inventory. Prices have only come down slightly too. Its still very much a sellers market. My buddy just put his house on the market last Friday. It sold on Saturday for $6K over asking price and $50K over what he originally paid for it. Then on Sunday he was on contract for his new house.

Two houses in my neighborhood just sold within 72 hours of going on the market, both between $20K and $40K over the original sale price (the subdivision is relatively new. All houses are between 2 and 5 years old).

Interesting. Do you work for a regional or national supplier? I only ask because I wonder if the declining demand is regional.

Despite the interest rates ,demand here where I live exceeds inventory. Prices have only come down slightly too. Its still very much a sellers market. My buddy just put his house on the market last Friday. It sold on Saturday for $6K over asking price and $50K over what he originally paid for it. Then on Sunday he was on contract for his new house.

Two houses in my neighborhood just sold within 72 hours of going on the market, both between $20K and $40K over the original sale price (the subdivision is relatively new. All houses are between 2 and 5 years old).
Regional. We sell mostly local, but have a few out of state customers. We were going gangbusters until last fall. Rising material costs coupled with rising interest rates has slowed new builds. We are trying to adjust. It looks like some of our competitors got out ahead of us on cutting prices. So the front office is looking at how low we can go.

Regional. We sell mostly local, but have a few out of state customers. We were going gangbusters until last fall. Rising material costs coupled with rising interest rates has slowed new builds. We are trying to adjust. It looks like some of our competitors got out ahead of us on cutting prices. So the front office is looking at how low we can go.

Best of luck to you.

Gahhh! He's at it again!!!!
Now he wants run times for 3' and 8'!
I think I'll just start writing up T&M sheets for every order I make. Then he can get an average for everything.
You should say that he should keep a record of the T&M sheets as you are now forced to do one for every job and that it adds 10 minutes to every job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back