What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Had one years ago and the doctor treated (hurt far worse than the nail) and it grew back exactly the same.

Someone told me wash well with disinfectant and then pack cotton wool under the nail in the corner that is growing in and leave it there while the nail grows for about a week. FAR less pain and it has never grown in again.

Had one years ago and the doctor treated (hurt far worse than the nail) and it grew back exactly the same.

Someone told me wash well with disinfectant and then pack cotton wool under the nail in the corner that is growing in and leave it there while the nail grows for about a week. FAR less pain and it has never grown in again.
I read about doing that on-line, but the side of my toes is swelled up I can't even get to the nail to pull it up. Its pretty red and swollen so I'm sure it's infected, off to the Doctor tomorrow.

Saw a SUV the other day parked in a Uni lot - owner was probably homeless (many here) as it was roughly loaded with bedding etc. He took all precautions - locked doors, steering lock-bar, chains from front wheel to lamp-post ;)

So the city in all it's wisdom, decided to purchase several (6) electric vehicles.

They didn't bother to research how to charge the electric vehicles so neglected to purchase infrastructure to support them. They languish in the city parking structure as we speak.

Also, good news, they city council voted NOT to spend $90,000,000 on a new city hall, yes... NINETY...MILLION...DOLLARS...

The mayor, city manager and the city council are surely all candidates for Mensa.

So the city in all it's wisdom, decided to purchase several (6) electric vehicles.

They didn't bother to research how to charge the electric vehicles so neglected to purchase infrastructure to support them. They languish in the city parking structure as we speak.

Also, good news, they city council voted NOT to spend $90,000,000 on a new city hall, yes... NINETY...MILLION...DOLLARS...

The mayor, city manager and the city council are surely all candidates for Mensa.
Well, just remember......they're politicians so membership in Mensa is kinda automatic.

Was just about to head to PG to get Rhino Liner sprayed into the box of my truck. The process takes about 8 hours, give or take. The plan was to drive to PG, get a hotel room, drop off the truck and then walk back to the hotel. On Wednesday we would kill time, pick up the truck and go home. On a whim, I was checking out box-liners and saw one for my truck that was about 200$ cheaper, installation included. I called the Dodge dealership (the only one in town that does Rhino Liners) to cancel my appointment and guess what? They forgot to mark down my appointment that I made face to face with them 2 weeks ago. Had I not called, I would have been out 200$ for a hotel room and 60$ for gas

Pure public service mentality,

My son has an IT contract with a large federal government organisation. He is being supplied two common garden variety computer monitors and a specific circuit board to add to the computer they supplied three months ago. It would cost probably $50 to send them by courier from Brisbane but no - he must sign for them in person so they are paying him full contract daily rate to drive to Brisbane, plus fuel, mileage, per diems and accommodation for one night. He can do the round trip in 10 or eleven hours but they say he must only work 8 hours a day.

Mileage alone will probably exceed $1,000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back