What Annoyed You Today? (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Power transformer blew in the back yard last Tuesday. Spent the better part of Sunday afternoon cleaning up branches from the neighbors tree that the power company cut off and left laying in my yard. Do you think my laze-ass-neighbors could lend a hand since it was their overgrown trees that most likely caused the power line failure, heck no!!!!
Felt like "accidently" cutting the illegal line they ran from what I assume is the cable tv junction box and the same power pole.

Today the sh** really hit the fan.
My son clogged the upstairs toilet, and when he tried to plunge it, something failed and the next thing we knew, water was pouring through the vent fan in the main floor bathroom.
As if I didn't have enough problems trying to help my wife arrange long term care for her mother.

Today the sh** really hit the fan.
My son clogged the upstairs toilet, and when he tried to plunge it, something failed and the next thing we knew, water was pouring through the vent fan in the main floor bathroom.
As if I didn't have enough problems trying to help my wife arrange long term care for her mother.
The entire stack, 107 year old cast iron, will need to be replaced.
🔥🔥🔥$$$$$🔥🔥🔥

The entire stack, 107 year old cast iron, will need to be replaced.
🔥🔥🔥$$$$$🔥🔥🔥

We need an icon that means we feel sorry for you. And another that means we feel very very very sorry for just that post.

I am having plumbing problems at present but nothing like as severe as yours as they are all outside and underground. Like yours mine expensive but mainly because the code required inspection port was never fitted plus the water pipes from the rain tanks to the pump shed are above the drain and had to be removed for access, and the wiring and plumbing for the irrigation system is above the drain and had to be removed for access (and the wiring got cut through because nobody knew it was there) and half the problem is located under the pump shed slab. The grey water tank itself is under the middle of the 3m sq tank shed slab. It was all caused because the original owners plumber set it up that way and then the original owner planted Virginia creeper between the two house water pipes (and against the tanks to keep them cool). The @#$%^&* creeper roots grew into the drain pipe and clogged it and without the inspection port there was no way to clean it out and reline the pipe..

We need an icon that means we feel sorry for you. And another that means we feel very very very sorry for just that post.

I am having plumbing problems at present but nothing like as severe as yours as they are all outside and underground. Like yours mine expensive but mainly because the code required inspection port was never fitted plus the water pipes from the rain tanks to the pump shed are above the drain and had to be removed for access, and the wiring and plumbing for the irrigation system is above the drain and had to be removed for access (and the wiring got cut through because nobody knew it was there) and half the problem is located under the pump shed slab. The grey water tank itself is under the middle of the 3m sq tank shed slab. It was all caused because the original owners plumber set it up that way and then the original owner planted Virginia creeper between the two house water pipes (and against the tanks to keep them cool). The @#$%^&* creeper roots grew into the drain pipe and clogged it and without the inspection port there was no way to clean it out and reline the pipe..
That sounds way more expensive than my problem. I just have a lil' ol' house to deal with.

That sounds way more expensive than my problem. I just have a lil' ol' house to deal with.

My plumber is so overworked that he allowed me to do all the digging and filling and checked all the digging using Apple Facetime before he arrived.

He charged me two hours labour and under $100 in parts and materials. I have to fill the hole slowly so that it settles under the house water pipes before filling above that level or use builders sand around and above the pipes so that settling does not break them. The sand is only $40 but delivery will be $100.

Today's gripe is I don't know whether to laugh or cry. So I'm laughing til tears stream down my face.
Ordered 20 lbs of sliced gyro meat for my daughter's grad party. They sent me a case of two 20 lb cones of meat.
Now I have twice as much of a product I can't use.
😢🫣😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thanks a-lot, now I'm craving a Gyro!!!! Holy Land Deli here I come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back