What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We had a hoard of endangered black cockatoos descend on our trees and strip the tops of some and then one did what they always do - stripped the insulation off the TV antenna cables. !@#$%^&

Add to that the dam just ran dry and there will be no real rain before Christmas and the fires are already getting bad. One near us has been burning for over two weeks. Fortunately we are theoretically better of than those to our west.

We had a hoard of endangered black cockatoos descend on our trees and strip the tops of some and then one did what they always do - stripped the insulation off the TV antenna cables. !@#$%^&

Add to that the dam just ran dry and there will be no real rain before Christmas and the fires are already getting bad. One near us has been burning for over two weeks. Fortunately we are theoretically better of than those to our west.

You can have some of ours.

Nothing we can offer you from down here but our thought are with you as we all live in trepidation of what may be coming while we travel through spring into summer. It is going to be an unseasonal 22c here tomorrow, sign of things to come. :D

Funny that in a way as Western Australia - at least in the South has been colder than ever for this and last winter. Usually
a lot of rain but temperatures reasonable. This and last year we have had weeks of consistently cold days and nights.

In the Southeast US we had an unsually cold winter and the coolest spring I can recall in Florida. Getting up to temps of 65F in mid-June is unheard of in my experience in FL. When July came it finally got hot and until late August has been a bit warmer than normal. Fact is, "Normal" weather is literally an average of recorded temps.

In the Southeast US we had an unsually cold winter and the coolest spring I can recall in Florida. Getting up to temps of 65F in mid-June is unheard of in my experience in FL. When July came it finally got hot and until late August has been a bit warmer than normal. Fact is, "Normal" weather is literally an average of recorded temps.
Yes. I always cringe when the weatherman says "Today's normal high is...." If he said today's average, mean, or median high temperature, it would be more accurate.

Bureaucracy. Again. My wife and I have been offered some work which would suit us nicely. Company wants a current
police clearance. OK. Off to the post office and fill out the forms. Birth certificates in tow as you need ID. Fair enough.

Mine is fine. Wife has had a change of name so now we need to show the marriage certificate. Back home and get it.
Go back to the post office. Here you go. One marriage certificate.

Sorry. New regulations for marriage certificates. You have to go to the court house and get a new one with a registration
number which is to ensure there is no identity theft. How that will stop ID theft I don't know.

Here's the thing. Police clearances are just under $55 each. The new marriage certificate is just under $50. We couldn't get
the work as my wife's clearance isn't done yet.

So now it's nearly $160 for no work and police clearances no longer cover you for three years - any prospective employer
can ask for a new one.

I am really getting tired of the nightly battle with my 13 year old over doing his chores and getting him off to bed at a decent hour.
I prayed to God: Lord what must I do to get my children to obey me?
His response: :dontknow:
I hear shock collars and cattle prods work well, while you remove the game consoles, cellphones and set up the router to only access school sites....

The pastor at a previous church, three kids of his own, told of a deacon meeting one Saturday evening, where one deacon stayed back to ask how he could get control of his 12 year old daughter. The pastor said, "Let's kneel here and pray." The deacon said, " What shall we pray for?" "Pray that when we get up, she is eighteen."

Bureaucracy. Again. My wife and I have been offered some work which would suit us nicely. Company wants a current
police clearance. OK. Off to the post office and fill out the forms. Birth certificates in tow as you need ID. Fair enough.

Mine is fine. Wife has had a change of name so now we need to show the marriage certificate. Back home and get it.
Go back to the post office. Here you go. One marriage certificate.

Sorry. New regulations for marriage certificates. You have to go to the court house and get a new one with a registration
number which is to ensure there is no identity theft. How that will stop ID theft I don't know.

Here's the thing. Police clearances are just under $55 each. The new marriage certificate is just under $50. We couldn't get
the work as my wife's clearance isn't done yet.

So now it's nearly $160 for no work and police clearances no longer cover you for three years - any prospective employer
can ask for a new one.
Take that in the negotiations when getting a job. If you can i.g. about hourly pay, this should not be a deal breaker.

Not sure what you mean but here for some organisations , no clearance, no job.
I understand. If i get a job i talk about wages, time, car etc etc. Talk about the cost of getting the job and see how it rolls. Perhaps they will chip in. I have been in many of these talks but not in your country. I was fortuned to be able declining jobs because my needs were not met.

The clearance has to be. The cost should be up there between parties to negotiate. Advice nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back