What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nope - and the more he opened his face, the more I wanted to break it.

For the record, I don't hate the Spit or Hurri, they just aren't my favs.

I am a fan of the Whirlwind
and the Typhoon, however, even though I'm a C*nt and Anglophobe.

My thoughts exactly though I very much dislike the Spitfire because it is a $%^&* to work on. Why make it easy when with a little thought you can make it %^&* near impossible to work on?

What has annoyed me for the last three days was a very wasted trip to Brisbane for surgery.
Given the time of year I decided to travel by train instead of driving - probably in rain or heavy rain.

Attachments

• 1706828716547.png
    1706828716547.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1706829622044.png
    1706829622044.png
    51 KB · Views: 13
  • 1706830225626.png
    1706830225626.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 1706830845339.png
    1706830845339.png
    36 KB · Views: 5
  • 1706831023940.png
    1706831023940.png
    22 KB · Views: 4
The joys of travel in this country, go bay air and guaranteed the flight will be changed, delayed or cancelled, go by train and one has to dedicate a whole day to travel from where I live even though we are the capital city and then again, once we do connect with a train usually after a coach ride, the train is delayed. Don't get me on High Speed Rail as successive governments have been dithering since the 1980's with numerous feasibility studies and have never got beyond the initial planning stage. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The joys of travel in this country, go bay air and guaranteed the flight will be changed, delayed or cancelled, go by train and one has to dedicate a whole day to travel from where I live even though we are the capital city and then again, once we do connect with a train usually after a coach ride, the train is delayed. Don't get me on High Speed Rail as successive governments have been dithering since the 1980's with numerous feasibility studies and have never got beyond the initial planning stage. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Lawyers and relatives need to eat. Studying problems is far more lucrative than solving them. It's why we will never see a cure for cancer and other diseases. It's why stuff is designed to break after a year or two. If we solved every problem, there wouldn't be any more work.

That is because promising a feasibility study wins votes and carrying out the study gives jobs to "mates" but actually doing anything is too constructive.

I'm not even going to add to any of that. Suffice to say you have nailed it gents.

My wife bought me this as a birthday present. What could be a good kit is infuriatingly bad. You cannot follow the instructions without making mistakes that you only realise are mistakes when its too late. The instructions for the undercarriage are just nonsense. On the plus side if they told you about what they were, there are three spinners, two props, a variety of canopies, a slipper tank, Volkes filter, bombs and other "stuff" that I dont recognise, none of which are mentioned at all. It has been annoying me for a month, but I dont do "shelf of doom" and finally finished it, as far as it will be today.

1706915688364.png

All the kids are down for the count sick. My son has been feeling lousy, but he really hates missing school. He's one of those kids in 6th grade that's almost at 8th grade level. He came home and went straight to bed. My other two daughters are sick as well. The only one not sick is my hard headed teen. She's just fine.

My wife bought me this as a birthday present. What could be a good kit is infuriatingly bad. You cannot follow the instructions without making mistakes that you only realise are mistakes when its too late. The instructions for the undercarriage are just nonsense. On the plus side if they told you about what they were, there are three spinners, two props, a variety of canopies, a slipper tank, Volkes filter, bombs and other "stuff" that I dont recognise, none of which are mentioned at all. It has been annoying me for a month, but I dont do "shelf of doom" and finally finished it, as far as it will be today.

View attachment 761359
Currently Airfix have about 6 Spitfire kits in this scale on the go. It is more than possible that parts from your kit will also fit one or more of these kits, hence the extra bits your kit is not needing will be okay in another kit using that same sprue. :lol:

Currently Airfix have about 6 Spitfire kits in this scale on the go. It is more than possible that parts from your kit will also fit one or more of these kits, hence the extra bits your kit is not needing will be okay in another kit using that same sprue. :lol:
Thats true and I have thought about it, but they dont say what they are. The Volkes filter front is shown in one of the instruction "frames" but no mention of what it is or where it was used. I have seen "slipper" tanks advertised as an after market purchase and not cheap. Both "schemes" are for 1942 versions in UK. They could have one for a "trop" version, to make it worthwhile buying another etc.

Thats true and I have thought about it, but they dont say what they are. The Volkes filter front is shown in one of the instruction "frames" but no mention of what it is or where it was used. I have seen "slipper" tanks advertised as an after market purchase and not cheap. Both "schemes" are for 1942 versions in UK. They could have one for a "trop" version, to make it worthwhile buying another etc.

If you have a look at the camo diagrams you can find that the kit is for the Mk.Vb but not the C or trop variant. Also a quick look at pics of the BM260 ( MD-C) and the MD-T reveals that you need the cockpit canopy with the external bullet-proof glass and the prop of the Rotol blades with the correct longer spinner for the prop.

MDC.jpg

MDT.jpg

MDT_c.jpg

MDT_b.jpg

the source: the net.

If you have a look at the camo diagrams you can find that the kit is for the Mk.Vb but not the C or trop variant. Also a quick look at pics of the BM260 ( MD-C) and the MD-T reveals that you need the cockpit canopy with the external bullet-proof glass and the prop of the Rotol blades with the correct longer spinner for the prop.

View attachment 761416
View attachment 761417
View attachment 761418
View attachment 761420
the source: the net.
Thanks Wurger great info, my point was that all they or anyone needs to do for many other variants is a set of decals, but there is no info or instructions. I forgot there are also a choice of exhaust stubs too. My modelling skills arent at the stage to pretend it is a real likeness anyway, my real complaint is the way the kit is designed and the instructionns that go with it almost guarantee that any non expert will screw it up first time anyway.

Alamy and Pintrest annoy me. 💢💢💢💢 They throw their watermark all over pictures and want to charge me $20 to "use" them. I'm sure they didn't send their own camera crew onto a carrier to take this picture. My taxes bought this plane, the ship, and trained the pilot/RIO and crew.
the-catapult-crew-prepares-to-launch-a-fighter-squadron-11-vf-11-f-HFBABB.jpg

Reference for my 1/144 GB-61 build. The stabilizers pitched down for launch but I don't think I'll be able to cut and reposition them. I have the wings cut up and whooo boy will it be fiddly to get it to look like this.

Thanks Wurger great info, my point was that all they or anyone needs to do for many other variants is a set of decals, but there is no info or instructions. I forgot there are also a choice of exhaust stubs too. My modelling skills arent at the stage to pretend it is a real likeness anyway, my real complaint is the way the kit is designed and the instructionns that go with it almost guarantee that any non expert will screw it up first time anyway.

I see. Unfortunately the Airfix and many others still forget to include the part list for the variants the kit offers. Especially that the kit parts are for many of airplane versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back