What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

went for lunch yesterday with my wife.

table next to us was a family of 3 inc a teenage daughter, father saw a Sihk guy sitting at a table close by, he very bravely waited for him to leave then started preaching to his wife and daughter about all "Asians" are rapists and our prime minister needed shooting and how he wouldn't of eaten here if they served "paki's"
( I apologise for using that word but it is for context)

my wife looked at me and just said "NO" as she knew i was about to call him out.

his wife and daughter were hanging on every word as he explained how Asians were out to kill all white men and rape their women !

spent most of the time complaining about the wait for food (we were informed when we ordered it was very busy and it would take at least 45 minutes to arrive, (it took 30 ! ), then when the very young girl serving delivered the food and apologised for the delay he was all "oh its no problem food is always worth waiting for in here "

complained about getting salad when he didnt want it but when they asked if all was ok he said " all is fantastic"
bit of a delay in getting some sauce " i'll be finished my food before the sauce arrive !"

again young girl apologises for the delay again " oh its fine i didnt really need it anyway"

then was preaching about how he had proof our local MP was corrupt and he was going to take photographs and take them to the local press and end his career !

place was packed so couldn't move tables

went for lunch yesterday with my wife.

table next to us was a family of 3 inc a teenage daughter, father saw a Sihk guy sitting at a table close by, he very bravely waited for him to leave then started preaching to his wife and daughter about all "Asians" are rapists and our prime minister needed shooting and how he wouldn't of eaten here if they served "paki's"
( I apologise for using that word but it is for context)

my wife looked at me and just said "NO" as she knew i was about to call him out.

his wife and daughter were hanging on every word as he explained how Asians were out to kill all white men and rape their women !

spent most of the time complaining about the wait for food (we were informed when we ordered it was very busy and it would take at least 45 minutes to arrive, (it took 30 ! ), then when the very young girl serving delivered the food and apologised for the delay he was all "oh its no problem food is always worth waiting for in here "

complained about getting salad when he didnt want it but when they asked if all was ok he said " all is fantastic"
bit of a delay in getting some sauce " i'll be finished my food before the sauce arrive !"

again young girl apologises for the delay again " oh its fine i didnt really need it anyway"

then was preaching about how he had proof our local MP was corrupt and he was going to take photographs and take them to the local press and end his career !

place was packed so couldn't move tables
I am a bus boy and the amount of convos i over hear is insane. I guess they want to be kind to servers but kinda forget i exist. They always leave the worst messes too.

Received my yearly evaluation at work.

Instead of 4 - very good rating, as promised by my former boss, I got a 3 - good.

That S.O.B. just cost me a 10% increase in my bonus.

Received my yearly evaluation at work.

Instead of 4 - very good rating, as promised by my former boss, I got a 3 - good.

That S.O.B. just cost me a 10% increase in my bonus.
I understand, when I worked for IBM your rating was based on performance, we had 13 or so guys in our territory, atleast 4/5 were consistent 1(best) performers but they only allocated so many 1's,2's etc and the managers knew who was going to get what at the beginning of the year plus if you were one of the higher paid 1's or 2's they would bypass you…We used to get really po'd at the process.

Hated the review process when I was salary. Only 6 of us that were in our pay classification in our group, but about 18 in the department and I consistently was one of the top 2 people for our group. Departmental management had sort raises by rankings over the entire pay classification within the department. Department head knocked my raise and ranking down every year, as somehow I would always make one of the "golden children" within the department look dumb at some point in the year. Never intentionally did it, but it would happen somehow. Got a bit of revenge when I was laid off and went back to hourly...got a better than 30% pay raise the day I went back on the clock.

read my it shouldn't happen to chef thread ! :lol:

Definitely good for a laugh or seven

Back around 1991 someone gave me a USAF surplus aircraft headset. I modified it with a home made condenser mike and a transformer to adapt it to 600 ohms and used it in my airplane. It worked fine except that the mike was not noise cancelling so if you were using a VOX operated intercom the engine noise turned it on. I later bought another example of that same type surplus headset for a few bucks at Sun and Fun at Lakeland, Florida. Both of those surplus headsets still work fine but I bought a real $100 aviation headset so I use it with an intercom.

That new headset worked fine but eventually the plastic outer sheath on the cord disintegrated. It still worked okay but it looked like hell and the metal shield of the cord rubbed unpleasantly on the skin, even producing a mild electric shock occasionally, so I bought a new one just like it. I later bought another model aviation headset so I could use it with an intercom, but it sat around in the box for years and when I opened it I was shocked to find the plastic outer sheath had disintegrated while still in the box!

Meanwhile the old USAF headsets still have a perfectly fine cord!

Exactly whathell sort of worldwide cataclylsm occurred so that we lost the secret of making a decent headset cord? We are not talking the Pyramids here! Can it cost that much to make a plastic shealth that will not vaporize all on its own?

Another bullshit weather forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology Misinformation.

At the top of the screen it predicts 3mm rain for tomorrow. Scroll down to the next screen and it says 20mm tomorrow.

Also says we have had 1mm today - that is only 16mm out.

1707991946064.png
1707992003694.png

Biggest snowfall of the year in Minneapolis over night. Streets icy and slippery this morning and in addition to dealing with drivers that have forgotten how to drive on snow and ice you have to contend with joggers on the street since the sidewalks aren't all cleared of snow. Bad enough watching for maniacs in cars, but also having to dodge some some dim-wit that has to go for his morning run in traffic!!!! If they really need the exercise I would offer to nail one of their feet to the floor and they can run in circles for an hour or two.
Rant over...

I was sent to attend a conference at Saint-Lô, where I was told it was finally taking place at the town I was coming from.
When I left Paris I got a job in London, the first purchase order I was sent to "expedite" was from a company in Paris, well just outside Paris in Joinville le Pont. We spent the lunchtime in a cafe next door to their offices looking out at the apartment block I used to live in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back