What Annoyed You Today? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alady rang in to local radio. She had finished paying her mortgage and the bill to get her title deed back
was $360.00. She went in with $360.00, got to the counter, told the bank cashier she was there to pay
for her deed. The response ? I'm sorry, the bank doesn't have the facilities to handle cash anymore !!!!

After a period of non-plussedment the lady then said ok I'll pay by card. Sorry, you can only transfer or
pay by card from an account held with the bank.

Ok, I'll open an account here and pay it from that. Good. Not good. We can open an account but you
can't deposit cash here soy will have to go home or use your phone to transfer money from another
account to the new one.

A bank that can't handle cash ??

I had similar with a car I bought a couple of months ago. The limit wasn't high enough for my internet
banking account so I ducked in to my bank and asked them to do the transfer for me. No, sorry, the
account you want to transfer to is in another bank and we longer transfer money to other bank accounts.
I had to get the limit raised and do it myself.

What are banks for anymore ?

Alady rang in to local radio. She had finished paying her mortgage and the bill to get her title deed back
was $360.00. She went in with $360.00, got to the counter, told the bank cashier she was there to pay
for her deed. The response ? I'm sorry, the bank doesn't have the facilities to handle cash anymore !!!!

After a period of non-plussedment the lady then said ok I'll pay by card. Sorry, you can only transfer or
pay by card from an account held with the bank.

Ok, I'll open an account here and pay it from that. Good. Not good. We can open an account but you
can't deposit cash here soy will have to go home or use your phone to transfer money from another
account to the new one.

A bank that can't handle cash ??

I had similar with a car I bought a couple of months ago. The limit wasn't high enough for my internet
banking account so I ducked in to my bank and asked them to do the transfer for me. No, sorry, the
account you want to transfer to is in another bank and we longer transfer money to other bank accounts.
I had to get the limit raised and do it myself.

Work in the financial system myself and cash is a problem due to the amount of regulations around it.

All there other problems seems a bit extreme to me though.

Big international money transfers, loans etc.

If you havent got a 1000000 dollar you are not making enough to cover the costs and make a profit for them.
The only reason i.g. folks can get a mortgage is that the bank bundle them and sell it on the market. They even catogorize them in risk factors.
Banks are not for the good folks but for heavy duty money, whatever the slogans are the try you to sell.

Shit!
We have many toll roads here. Cross city tunnels could cost 6 bucks to travel thru, twice if you return!
Every 3 months it costs me 16 bucks for tunnel fees to deposit my 250$US check in the only bank in the Sydney area that takes US checks, for a 10$ fee!!!!!!
In NY we just have tolls on the thruway

And a bunch of bridges. You have to speak to a loan officer to cross the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.
I don't live near any of the bridges. Most interesting bridge I live near seems to be a magnet for oversized semi trucks that feel the need to turn their trailer into a convertible

Bridge strikes were the bane of my existence when I worked for the LIRR. The RR bridge at Cherry Valley Road, Garden City was struck often and it was on my little patch of paradise. Railroad traffic cannot cross until the bridge is inspected and deemed safe. The first train through at "restricted speed" with crew to report any "any exceptions to the rail". Man that would destroy the rush hour. Of course it was elevated after I retired.
IMG_2214.png

And in Qld all cop cars have cameras connected to the mainframe that check if a car is registered or is owned by someone with an expired or cancelled licence. I failed my eye test so my licence was cancelled and within days when my wife drove my car she was pulled up to see if I was driving.
Good to see the system works

In NY we just have tolls on the thruway
I didn't mention them because I was keeping it ti my check deposit.
All Hwys out of the Sydney area are toll, eventually.
Then to get to Melbourne from Sydney.
Not mentioning the number of Speed traps.
Cheaper to have a GPS with updates.
I got my first speeding ticket the weekend I bought my 6.2L Chev V8 Holden ute!!!!!!!!

Many things. And people. But, life is too short for that. My last day of break is here. Sad.

Filling my car up with diesel, the wind was gusting very strongly, a piece of corrugated metal about 3ft x 3ft blew off the underside of the forecourt cover and smacked straight into my car door about 4 ft way. It made a right mess of the paintwork but could have killed injured someone, actually it could have killed or injured me. Scared the bejesus outta me.

AT&T came to install fibreoptic line replacing copper. After they left and wi-fi appeared to work. Wife had internet on her cell & TV. I had to reconnect landline myself & fortunately it worked because I used it to call AT&T about the desktop computer saying "no internet". Waited an hour listening to commercials & music until a live human answered. He had the problem solved in less than four minutes.

Filling my car up with diesel, the wind was gusting very strongly, a piece of corrugated metal about 3ft x 3ft blew off the underside of the forecourt cover and smacked straight into my car door about 4 ft way. It made a right mess of the paintwork but could have killed injured someone, actually it could have killed or injured me. Scared the bejesus outta me.
I hope they comped your gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back