What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

$235 for a City of Chicago vehicle sticker for my pickup. And that's on top of the $178 for the Illinois state license plate I paid for last month. And that's only one of my vehicles.

Sheesh, why do you need the stickers? Are they for registration?
The registration is the state license plate. The city sticker is essentially a city vehicle tax. They have department of revenue vans with computer equipped cameras going up and down the streets scanning and will give you a $200 ticket if you have an expired sticker, and you can get one every day.
I have 4 vehicles in the city I'm paying for. The pickup is my sons, then there's my daughters Avalon, my wife's Prius, and my Sienna, so it's a good hunk of cash.
If you want to get taxed to death come live in Chicago!

Her doctor told her to up her water intake to not less than two litres per day and her memory problems have disappeared.
Perhaps its because the only thing she really has to recall is where the bathroom is?

When my Mom came down with dementia people suggested putting coconut oil on her breakfast toast. I did that and don't think it had any effect.

The registration is the state license plate. The city sticker is essentially a city vehicle tax. They have department of revenue vans with computer equipped cameras going up and down the streets scanning and will give you a $200 ticket if you have an expired sticker, and you can get one every day.
I have 4 vehicles in the city I'm paying for. The pickup is my sons, then there's my daughters Avalon, my wife's Prius, and my Sienna, so it's a good hunk of cash.
If you want to get taxed to death come live in Chicago!
Shit!
We have many toll roads here. Cross city tunnels could cost 6 bucks to travel thru, twice if you return!
Every 3 months it costs me 16 bucks for tunnel fees to deposit my 250$US check in the only bank in the Sydney area that takes US checks, for a 10$ fee!!!!!!

And in Qld all cop cars have cameras connected to the mainframe that check if a car is registered or is owned by someone with an expired or cancelled licence. I failed my eye test so my licence was cancelled and within days when my wife drove my car she was pulled up to see if I was driving.

Shit!
We have many toll roads here. Cross city tunnels could cost 6 bucks to travel thru, twice if you return!
Every 3 months it costs me 16 bucks for tunnel fees to deposit my 250$US check in the only bank in the Sydney area that takes US checks, for a 10$ fee!!!!!!
I don't know if there is some work around.

The town I used to work for will not direct deposit to any bank but the local Credit Union. The Town actually uses Bank of American for their own accounts. They will not deposit from the BoA town account to my personal BoA account. My choices are to wait for the US mail to deliver a paper check and then cash it locally (or by phone). OR have the town direct deposit the pension check to the Credit Union and then write a check from the credit union account to BoA and use the phone deposit feature. With the 2nd choice I get access to the money the day after the Town check is written (direct deposited) instead of 3-6 days with the US mail.
This has been going on for over 20 years and won't end until the present mayor is dead.

Is there any way for the US check to get direct deposited to some financial institution in Australia?
Then transfer from that institution (bank) to a local bank?

Crap....crap....crap....crap.....crap. On Nightshifts and vacation spots already filled

1712179739182.png

700 smackerooos to fix my F-up on my ute.
R&R of the front "bumber", it's Fiberglass.
Fix huuuuge scratch and paint. G-Dammit

Now I do have to sell my Robert Taylor books.
One (#2) has a lot of Aces siggies inside from Aces lunches in CA.
#3 was signed by Taylor. 1 & 2 are just in egggggsellent shape!

I don't know if there is some work around.

The town I used to work for will not direct deposit to any bank but the local Credit Union. The Town actually uses Bank of American for their own accounts. They will not deposit from the BoA town account to my personal BoA account. My choices are to wait for the US mail to deliver a paper check and then cash it locally (or by phone). OR have the town direct deposit the pension check to the Credit Union and then write a check from the credit union account to BoA and use the phone deposit feature. With the 2nd choice I get access to the money the day after the Town check is written (direct deposited) instead of 3-6 days with the US mail.
This has been going on for over 20 years and won't end until the present mayor is dead.

Is there any way for the US check to get direct deposited to some financial institution in Australia?
Then transfer from that institution (bank) to a local bank?

My Canadian pension cheque gets direct electronic deposit so maybe that will be possible with the US one

My Canadian pension cheque gets direct electronic deposit so maybe that will be possible with the US one
Oh no. The distributer Does Not electronic deposit to foreign countries, even if the bank operates within the US! Been going round and round for a couple of years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back