What Annoyed You Today? (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was getting jerked around by my "Good Neighbor" insurance company. I noticed I had coverage something unnecessary for my car. Two actually. I called them and they got right on it. By delay and sending wrong bills. They called me back this morning. The agent said a bunch of stuff, mostly stupid. I heard "you're gonna' pay it anyway".
I'm now chilling with the lizard. I should've gone to Progressive Insurance. I love Flo.

Artificial Ignorance. Called my mortgage company today, but my issue was not among the programmed options, so the F🤬ing robot kept hanging up on me.

May or may not help you out, but when they suck me into robo-options tracking hell, I've found that shitbombing the computer on the other end with a barrage of ""0##*#0**" keystrokes will give one of two options -- it will either hang up on you, or it will go to a human being. Most of the time it goes to a human being, in my experience. Give it a shot. Just work the hell out of the bottom row of your phone's touchscreen.

The VA will definitely hang up on you. But the others, you have a better-than half chance of getting a human PDQ.

Last edited:
I was getting jerked around by my "Good Neighbor" insurance company. I noticed I had coverage something unnecessary for my car. Two actually. I called them and they got right on it. By delay and sending wrong bills. They called me back this morning. The agent said a bunch of stuff, mostly stupid. I heard "you're gonna' pay it anyway".
I'm now chilling with the lizard. I should've gone to Progressive Insurance. I love Flo.

Progressive is overrated too. They do charge for convenience.

Artificial Ignorance. Called my mortgage company today, but my issue was not among the programmed options, so the F🤬ing robot kept hanging up on me.
Finally got through to a human on the 4th try. 47 minutes later she was able to answer my question. "Why are you sending me money?" Only took two escalations.

Our electric power company tells you to call them and confirm if anyone shows up claiming to be their representative. But THAT is NOT an option on their automated phone answering system!

This emoji/smilie:

:pilotsalute:

It usually accompanies the death of someone and serves no purpose other than draw attention to the person who posted it. Not sure why it annoys me so much; possibly the glib insincerity of it? You know those times at funerals when you go off and reflect, then some tool comes along and tells you how the weather is perfect for a send-off and won't shut up? I think it's that. And writing "blue skies sir" to someone you never met, who will never know you wrote it, or why. And "thanks for your service". I got paid for "serving" - I did it for me. I don't need your thanks, even if they might be sincere.

All these things have become trite and effectively meaningless. So yes, that bloody emoji annoyed me today.

I can sort of see where you are coming from but I do not agree with you.

I do not need to personally know someone to respect them for things they have personally done.

I can even respect certain characteristics of some people who I do know who are otherwise complete and total a***holes from the neck in all directions so I would use the salute smilie in those cases.

Fortunately we are all different and have different loves an hates or otherwise the world would be super boring and nothing new would ever happen.

PS - I used to hate all smilies used on this site but so many people here gave me a like or winner or bacon etc for my posts that I started using them because I began to feel like an a***hole for not honouring others posts as they honoured mine.

Agreed. I think it's possibly that sometimes people need to STFU rather than express something which appears shallow and generally inappropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back