What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What annoyed me today was the thought from our Government that the raids on our embassies and personnel were 'spontaneous' - then the recently floated story that the Libyan Embassy Marines were told to not carry ammo or loaded weapons by Ambassador - and now DoD won't deny the story.

Now we have a series of threats against Universities and Federal buildings. Who thinks these are 'coincidental' ??

My own stupidity!!! Trying to troubleshoot a bad server power supply this morning. Had the guts of the PS out of its case, plugged into AC, and using the multimeter to check voltages. Unplugged the unit from AC, picked it up without thinking, and zap, nice discharge of a large capacitor into my left hand and arm. Not enough to cause serious damage, but enough to wake you up and have a sore arm for an hour or so. I should know better than this, but got distracted and payed the piper.

Stupid "wannabe" gang bangers. These little twerps hand around the mall, pimp walking, with their pants hanging down past their ass. It does not look cool, it makes them look stupid and ignorant. Most of them seem like 16 to 18 year olds with no direction in life, and probably the education of a 6 grader. They walk around in their little gangs, bumping into people and trying to pick fights. What is wrong with the kids these days.

Got the Ignition Control Module installed on my Bronco, runs great.
Yesterday morning I went to shift from park to reverse and the selector lever snapped off.
Called around and no-one sells just the lever, have to buy the whole steering column, $300.00+
Fine, so I took the whole thing apart, found a metal sleve that fit, put J.B. Weld on the whole mess and installed it this morning.
Shifted into reverse and the d@mned thing snapped again!

Joker at work has the radio tuned into some pop station. Have heard a half dozen Adele songs, some repeated over and over. If I hear "Rumour has it" one more time I'm cramming my head into the microwave and turning it on high for 10 minutes or so!!!

The A-8 I won on eBay arrived today. The shipping was $9, not horrible, but high for a kit, and the guy had some spiel in the listing about high shipping costs and eBay charging a 10% cut of the shipping. Fine. But when it arrives today its in a new Granger box with a Grainger shipping label and a Grainger return address. The guy obviously works in the Grainger shipping dept. and didn't pay a cent to ship it.

Joker at work has the radio tuned into some pop station. Have heard a half dozen Adele songs, some repeated over and over. If I hear "Rumour has it" one more time I'm cramming my head into the microwave and turning it on high for 10 minutes or so!!!

Here's what we did to one guy who kept tuning the radio to crap stations like that:
1. re-tune the radio to a decent station (preferably one that said person doesn't like)
2. epoxy the tuning dial into place so it doesn't turn.
3. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

(This would work even better if you could get inside the radio and glue it up so he couldn't see the epoxy)

The A-8 I won on eBay arrived today. The shipping was $9, not horrible, but high for a kit, and the guy had some spiel in the listing about high shipping costs and eBay charging a 10% cut of the shipping. Fine. But when it arrives today its in a new Granger box with a Grainger shipping label and a Grainger return address. The guy obviously works in the Grainger shipping dept. and didn't pay a cent to ship it.
I wonder if his boss knows....

Pulling up to a set of lights, the road turns from single to duel carriageway. the lights are red and there are cars stopped, i'm in the left hand lane, in primary position (middle of the lane) slowing to stop behind the stationary cars in front.
It is pouring with rain but my rain gear is holding up well, and all my lights are set to "disco" to i'm well spotted.
but no, Mr white van man decides he's going to pull along side then surreptitiously sidle across me into the left hand lane, naturally i'm quite phased by this what with him driving a vehicle over 1tonne and me on an alloy framed bicycle, he's surrounded by a roll cage, crumple zones, air bags and a cushioned seat with a restraining harness.
I have a wet plastic coated polystyrene 'helmet'.
him clearly not giving a toss whether i get splatted on this really wet road i did what any irate person would have done and gave his van a damned good whack.
this appeared to have the desired effect because he suddenly pulled right again and slammed on.
queue him having a shout at me through his windscreen (which i couldn't hear in the slightest) and me gesturing that he should have been strangled at birth by his adoptive ape parents (quite articulate for me i thought) or at the very least should perhaps consider a career in being a total d**k.
lights change, he immediately pulls left trying to squash me against the kerb then darts off. naturally he got the one fingered salute.
i also got his licence.
i'm annoyed not because he drove like a total plank, i'm annoyed because he does not realise that if a cycle is in the middle of the lane he is deliberately stopping you from overtaking because to do so in that situation it would be dangerous for the cyclist, yet he viewed this as some sort of challenge of his mastery of the roads and in fact tried to drive through me.
i shall have a camera shortly and these exploits will be recorded because its clear people need to see tw*****y of this level for themselves.
Pete

Truck breaking down. OK so it's got 275,000 miles on it. Was planning a trip north for some hunting this weekend, but monday was making a tight turn around a corner and heard some loud clunking noises, thought it was the front end falling apart as it had some intermittant shaking beforehand. Went back to work, then drove home and it seemed to clunk making tighter left and right turns, still think its in the front end.
Get home raise the front up and notice a little left right play in the ball joints, but not too bad. Shifting into geat though started to grind, but hard to tell from where sitting in the cab. Got help, noise coming from rear differential. Pulled cover plate and found some nice jagged teeth on gears. New gasket, put cover on, filled with gear oil, plulled rear driveshaft off, put tranny in 4 wheel drive and am now driving a converted 4x4 Chevy Silverado in permanent 2 wheel front wheel drive until I find something new.
Still hear a little popping when turning tight, can't tell if it's the rear end or the stearing though, but it's drivable, for now. No trip north this weekend though.

Decided to pull my old truck out of storage a couple of months ago and found that if it had a liquid it was leaking it bad. Oil, antifreeze, gas, breaks. It's been with a mechanic ever since and I was supposed to pick it up today but he called and said during a test drive yesterday he found the new master cylinder was leaking so he has to order a new one. Now I hope I get it back in time to run it a little before its time to put it away for the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back