What are we doing for Halloween (2 Viewers)

Jadera

Airman 1st Class
240
189
Joined
Sep 16, 2026
Location
Atlanta GA
A tad bit early, but for his young people and for the people who haven't out grown it yet, what are we being for Halloween. For me personally, I'm going to a robotics competition dressed up as Killa from Tarkov!
 
I once wrapped myself up in aluminum foil and went to a party as leftovers. A hot chick looked at me and said: "baked potato?" "Of course" I agreed. True story.
 
As a prank one Hallow'een, I stuffed an old snowmobile suit full of rags, a Barbie makeup head, boots, and gloves and tossed it out the second floor window when kids would ring the doorbell.
After two tries I almost caused a car crash, so I had to stop.
Like an actual snowmobile or a costume?
 
Au contraire mon frère The US did not exist prior to the 1700s. Halloween traces its roots back to the ancient Celtic harvest festival of Samhain. Christian influence converted this to the Western Christian All Hollow's Eve, followed by the actual Nov 1 All Saint's Day, followed by Nov 2 All Souls Day.
In the UK Ireland and Scotland celebrate the same as in the USA. In Derry Northern Ireland the festival will draw 100.000 celebrants.
In mainland Europe, countries like Germany, France, Italy, Sweden USA-type activities, public decorations are indeed rare but many adults still attend private costume parties or nightclubs.
Halloween is celebrated heavily in Japan and in Canada it is second only to Christmas.
In other countries it may not be called Halloween but the basic roots are still present, honoring the deceased, caring for their graves. Such as in Mexico's "Dia de los Muertos".
In the Netherlands St. Martin's Day is the harvest festival, end of the growing season, livestock slaughtered, seasonal wine ready, preparations for winter; Laternenumzug the carrying of paper lanterns (USA they became carved gourds) singing of songs door to door for treats ( USA trick or treat); Martinsfeuer community bonfires to keep the cold at bay (Martin cloak?); and finally the Martinsgans roast goose feast
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back