What are you doing today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was having a little pain and decided to go to the dentist. Hurricane comes in and I have to reschedule. 3 weeks later, I am at a new dentist office. One tooth hurts and one starting to get sensitive. So they found one molar with a break on the root. One with and abscess and one molar that is cracked from the top down to the root. So I'm looking at an extraction in an hour. What fun. Two root canals. One filing the other dentist missed and several small cavities.and a deep cleaning . Total cost after insurance, $3700 +. Not to bad.just don't want to go back for the extraction. It can wait but the pain will get worse.

I was having a little pain and decided to go to the dentist. Hurricane comes in and I have to reschedule. 3 weeks later, I am at a new dentist office. One tooth hurts and one starting to get sensitive. So they found one molar with a break on the root. One with and abscess and one molar that is cracked from the top down to the root. So I'm looking at an extraction in an hour. What fun. Two root canals. One filing the other dentist missed and several small cavities.and a deep cleaning . Total cost after insurance, $3700 +. Not to bad.just don't want to go back for the extraction. It can wait but the pain will get worse.
Sounds like my Gob!

$3,700? How much is your deductible?

$3,700? How much is your deductible?
It's not the deductible. Most dental plans have a yearly maximum they will pay. Dental is not like medical. Mine is not bad. Preventative pays 100%, basic at 80% and major procedures at 50% . The yearly maximum is 2,000.00. my employer also pays the premium for medical and dental coverage. The big savings is from the pool discount. I got tired of messing around with the low end dentist office. I found out the my loose tooth she found last year was not from my old age. X-ray showed the root had broken off and shifted. How did she miss that. I was also shown the scanned image of a large cavity that was not bothering me yet. How long has that been there? I was told at lease a year. I was in the dentist office in March and no one told me. That is the second one they missed.

It's not the deductible. Most dental plans have a yearly maximum they will pay. Dental is not like medical. Mine is not bad. Preventative pays 100%, basic at 80% and major procedures at 50% . The yearly maximum is 2,000.00. my employer also pays the premium for medical and dental coverage. The big savings is from the pool discount. I got tired of messing around with the low end dentist office. I found out the my loose tooth she found last year was not from my old age. X-ray showed the root had broken off and shifted. How did she miss that. I was also shown the scanned image of a large cavity that was not bothering me yet. How long has that been there? I was told at lease a year. I was in the dentist office in March and no one told me. That is the second one they missed.
If you yearly maximum is $2,000 how are you paying $3,700?

Next year I will qualify for tricare again, so I'll drop the company insurance. It will be like getting a raise.

Mine offers several plans. Some expensive, some middle, and some 100% company paid (you have no premium). Granted the 100% company paid is a very high deductible plan. Being that I have two boys I did not take that one. lol

Mine offers several plans. Some expensive, some middle, and some 100% company paid (you have no premium). Granted the 100% company paid is a very high deductible plan. Being that I have two boys I did not take that one. lol
Our company is small, so it's a one size fits all, take it or leave it. The medical is 0 deductible, with a low max, but the dental and vision are basic. About anything beyond the annual screening and cleaning is out of pocket.
At the time it was first offered, I did a comparison, and found that I would save about $200 a month on premiums. But the company plan had a higher cap. I went with the company plan. But next year I hit 60 so I'll take the hit on Tricare premiums for the first few months until my birthday, then I just pay the enrollment fee for the rest of the year and pocket the cash.
At least, that's the plan.

For the third time since pulling the builds out of storage, I have mistakenly had to repaint three of them because I forgot what decals were going on what. Today I had to repaint the other B5N1 to a different Ku because the scheme I had in mind already went on the other B5N1 I had to change. It does look cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back