What book are you reading ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Taking a break from the Army of Norther Virginia..It's nice to see I am not the only one who reads more than one book at a time!

I'm also reading
My Serengeti Years: The Memiors of a African Game Warden by Myles Turner.
I picked it up at the Library sale table for fifty cents. I always find the coolest things there if I look enough.
Art

Yes I love Bryson.
I also have his account about Australia once I finish a Walk in the woods.

That's a great book too.

My favorite Aussie travel type book is Tony Horowitz's One for the Road
I lost my copy and need to get another one, I've read it at least 7 or 8 times over the years.
Art

I finished "Shinano", last night. I just went to my bookcase and pulled out
"A Bodyguard of Lies" by Anthony Cave Brown. The title comes from
something Winston Churchill said, "Truth is so precious, she must have a
bodyguard of lies". It's all about the clandestine war of intricate deceptions
that hid the secrets of D-Day from Hitler. It's also two volumes, over 1,000
pages.

Charles

have acquired the very very rare self-published history of the 364th fg by Joiner. An interesting combat~war diary work which will help me with cross checking on my cousins LW outfit. Bummer the personal pilot pics are quite small. should be a good read for about 2 weeks .......... yes I'm slow but there is quite alot to absorb. it better be good for over $ 100.00 US

Two on the go.

'The War The Infantry Knew 1914-1918' - Cpt JC Dunn.
A remarkable book, the daily experiences of 2nd Bttn Royal Welch Fusiliers complied by their medical officer who was there for most of the war and much-decorated. 2 RWF were an elite battalion and were often in the heart of the action. This must be the 3rd or 4th reading but it's a great 'toilet book' as it's in small daily sections.

Call-to-Arms The British Army 1914-1918 - Charles Messenger.
Took time to get into and it's a bit 'dry' as it's all about the recruitment, training and expansion of the army during WW1 but it's interesting

Just finished two books that I'd recommend to the board.

1. The Wrong Stuff- Memoirs of a B17 pilot who flew 35 missions from April to July of 1944.

2. First Light- Memoirs of a Spitfire pilot from joining the RAF in 1939, flying a Spitfire through the Battle of Britian, sweeps over France and to Malta.

Both are excellent reads. High recommended.

Just finished Agincourt by Juliet Barker. Not bad, interesting insight into a world very different from our own, but the actual description of the battle was a bit short and anti-climatical

I am curently reading 2 books at the moment, them being:

The art of Welding: The practical guide for farm and workshop
B-17 Flying Fortress

I'm reading two right now as well,

Thud Ridge by Colonel Jack Broughton

Pickett's Charge: Eyewitness accounts of the battle of Gettysburg, Edited by Richard Rollins

Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Back