What Cheered You Up Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What the **** is orange juice ?!
Got held up on the way to meet Karl at Gloucester, due to an overturned caravan on the M5 Motorway, so arrived two hours later than planned.
We were definitely ready for some cool beers in the early evening sun (about 16.45 hrs !!!).

Marcel Marcel , rochie rochie , G Greg Bosser,

My deepest congrats to all of you.

And now what made me happy today?

img_20230626_092930_5112.jpg

I've made this bracelet midday today, sold it immediately! Received another order from buyer.

My 1997 Celica is back up and running! I replaced the timing belt for the 2nd time, and thought it prudent to replace the water pump and timing belt tensioner and spring and the bearing for the idler pulley. There was a sizeable oil leak that I concluded was from the front main oil seal and replacing that required replacing the crankshaft sprocket, since the old one would not come off without being drilled and tapped for use of a frogfoot gear puller. I also removed the lower oil pan and replaced the RTV seal.

And of course one of the bolts holding the wheel liner snapped off during disassembly, so I had to drill it out and retap it.

When I first cranked it up this morning it squeeked very loudly. Turned out that all the belts were too loose, even thought I had gotten them pretty tight. I tightened the belts and now it sounds fine and runs good.

Based on this experience I think I'll just walk everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back