What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The last day with my kiddos was great!! It's always sad to see them leave for the last time. But, it was a long day with them at the park. 8:31 to 3:41 with a 15 minute bathroom break in between. Going to have me some well deserved Modelo with limes this evening after dinner.

Thanks Geo.
The really good news is that, as I'm on State Pension, I only pay a small amount of the cost for the glasses, and a friend is the manager at the shop, who's added his family and friends discount, so I'm only paying £38 for bi-focal, anti-glare, lightweight frame specs valued at over £200.
Works for me !
You lucky sod, I've just forked out $1,050 just for lenses, that's with private insurance discount and hanging on to my old frames. :D

Answered an ad for some aircraft drill bits....Super score, as there is probably well over 2K$ worth of bits, reamers and gun drill bits...Almost all are new or very lightly used. Top it off he had a box of bucking bars that he didn't want much for. Scarfed them up too. Got about 25 bars for less than buying a set of 6 basic ones from ATS....and no shipping either!

You lucky sod, I've just forked out $1,050 just for lenses, that's with private insurance discount and hanging on to my old frames. :D
I have glasses now. Paid 400 for a 2x reading glasses. Nothing special just magnify 2x.
Now a while back i went to a dollar shop picked up 5 of them for ... well... and they do the job just as well.
Bought a handfull and sprinkeled them around. Ohhh the joy of not having to terrorize everybody in the house including the dogs. There is always one near.

I have glasses now. Paid 400 for a 2x reading glasses. Nothing special just magnify 2x.
Now a while back i went to a dollar shop picked up 5 of them for ... well... and they do the job just as well.
Bought a handfull and sprinkeled them around. Ohhh the joy of not having to terrorize everybody in the house including the dogs. There is always one near.
Eye test for Driving, $114, 3X glasses, for the bench, with frames........ nada, private covered the lot. Albeit $90 frames!

Serendipity Dept:
A similar question arose this morning on emails.
This was a leading candidate:
Curly 2016.jpg

And so was this:

Schmidt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back