What Cheered You Up Today? (17 Viewers)

:thumbright:
 
Arrived in Tokyo to join daughter after seeing in the same sun for over 24 hours. Street life in Shinjuku district.
japan1.JPG
 
No Philly cheese sangers!
Truly truth he doth speakith, spoken he. And the masses said it was good.
 
Saw my RA Consultant yesterday, and she's keeping me on the steroids for now, which are giving some relief and allowing more mobility, and reviewing the best options for medication to keep things in control for the future.
And today, I finally got an eye test done. As I suspected, I have a cataract in the left eye, and one forming in the right eye, so I've been referred to the local hospital to get those sorted. Meanwhile, I've been prescribed bi-focal glasses for longer vision needs, such as driving, which I'm sure will be a great relief to the UK's road users !
So things are looking up at last.
 
Now thats a good thing.
 
Thanks Geo.
The really good news is that, as I'm on State Pension, I only pay a small amount of the cost for the glasses, and a friend is the manager at the shop, who's added his family and friends discount, so I'm only paying £38 for bi-focal, anti-glare, lightweight frame specs valued at over £200.
Works for me !
And get ready for a whole new world after you get your cataract surgery! They put new custom made lenses in your eyes that'll correct most all of your hereditary vision defects. They reduced my astigmatism to near zero and lowered my acuity correction from 7.5 diopters to less than 3. Could have gone all the way to zero for distant vision, but would have required heavyweight coke bottles for near vision. They can fix defects in lense and cornea, but can't reshape the eye socket itself.
 
Last edited:
Is that the Judy we saw at Duxford a year or two back ............. oh, wait, I think I got something wrong !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back