What Cheered You Up Today? (9 Viewers)

Took the kids to the Cavan and Leitrim Railway Museum in Dromod (Ireland) today. Hadn't been there in 8 years.

The kids in the DC-7 cockpit. (Aswell as trains, they have aircraft, artillery, buses, fire engines and all sorts, many awaiting restoration)
20250824_153556.jpg
 
Everyone making airplane noises in the back ground
 
Is that real joy or sarcastic joy Jesse? :)
 
Recently I accomplished the longest run I have done since before I contracted COVID in early June. My standard run is about 2.5 miles and I decided to run most of it, about 2 miles, and walk the last 1/4 mile. I had no problems with the run other than it seemed to be rather slow compared to my pre-COVID efforts.

And as I came down that last stretch, in the road what to my wondering eyes did appear but a $20 bill and a sixpack of beer!


Okay there was no beer. That part was poetic license. The $20 bill was there and I used it to buy a country fried steak at Cracker Barrel yesterday.
 
Screenshot 2025-08-26 at 11-07-57 (53) What Cheered You Up Today Page 700 Aircraft of World Wa...png


Yeah, I understand its in some Tupperware in his home freezer.
 
Enjoy it man, wish I could join yas.
 
Happy to have a position for the year. Glad to have a great team to work with. Guy teaching math with other half of 7th grade is the same one I met when I started teaching 11 years ago. The lady teaching the other half of the science wrote all the lessons and set up the entire curriculum which is very strict for an IB school. All I have to do is teach what she wrote down. School is about two minutes from home. My son goes there. He's in 8th grade now. Man my kids are all getting so big. My older daughters all go the high school 15 minutes from the house. This will be the first time I will be in a non DL class room in 4 years. I like this change and have embraced it with a positive attitude. I can't wait to meet my new group of kids.
 
Good on ya Jesse :thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back