What Cheered You Up Today? (8 Viewers)

Huh? Wawaz dat?
 
Damn broccoli!
 
Today I killed two trees, five Spotted Owls, and raised the sea level by two inches. I broke wind.
Geneva Convention violation! Chemical warfare.
 
Me reading this thread.

1645267873748.png
 
Working from home tomorrow. All my students are virtual for a day as an ice storm is expected to hit here during the evening and morning. Wife is ecstatic. My own kids not so much as they like school, way more than I did at their age lol.
 
Ok guys, this might seem stupid, but hear me out.

Lots of stuff going wrong here at home and across the globe, but as I was going to fill the bird Feeder this morning, something shiny caught my eye in the yard.
Upon closer inspection, it was a large chunk of Pyrite that had been embedded in the dirt for quite some time.

I have always been a fan of geology (I studied it for many years) and to randomly find a large specimen like this is sort of geologist pørn! :lol:

20220226_084613.jpg
 
Ok guys, this might seem stupid, but hear me out.

Lots of stuff going wrong here at home and across the globe, but as I was going to fill the bird Feeder this morning, something shiny caught my eye in the yard.
Upon closer inspection, it was a large chunk of Pyrite that had been embedded in the dirt for quite some time.

I have always been a fan of geology (I studied it for many years) and to randomly find a large specimen like this is sort of geologist pørn! :lol:

View attachment 659513
Great find, actually!
 
This is awesome news!
I've only been there once, but it was a memorable experience.
Been there several times, wish it was a little closer to the cities. I'm taking the Friday off of work the day before the show and spending the day at the museum. Last time I did this they had planes in the air for several hours, doing practice runs of thier performances. Not many people there on the Friday before the main show.
 
I do the same thing by walking around Jones Beach a few days before the event.
It's easier to hear the airplane sounds without loudspeakers and loud crowds.
 
Years ago when my buddy was still alive, we got Independent News press passes so we could go on Friday to the air show at the NAS New Orleans. Fridays are great because we get to photo the displays as they arrive as well as the military aircraft already there. Best of all with no people blocking the view and no barriers so you can circle the plane for the best light and close up insignia. The customs parking area had some unusual birds impounded and they were roped way off on the main days. One year we saw the F-117 fly in (all gone now) but it did not fly during show days. One can get spoiled doing this.
 
While waiting to have my taxes done, Yellow Submarine came on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back