What Cheered You Up Today? (12 Viewers)

AMKA ?
 
Yup, was a violin builder in Den Haag. Named after all the first letters of the persons in his family: Albert sr. Madeleine, Koob en Albert jr. Veneman. Albert senior built guitars from 1938-1950, this guitar being one of the earlier models, 1938. For our American friends with some knowledge of guitars. Son Koob moved to the US where he started a new company KAPA, which build guitars up until the '70ies.
 
I bought this today, a 1938 (that's right, 85 years old) acoustic guitar. Sound and plays like a dream and It's a piece of history at the same time. As I'm not a collector, this baby will be played until it falls apart. And it sounds fantastic and plays as smooth as my Les Paul.
View attachment 704513
Nice, but once again it is "wrong handed". When will they stop doing that;)
 
Nice, but once again it is "wrong handed". When will they stop doing that;)
You can just string it upside down and it fits for everybody using the wrong hands.
 
Welcome back Larry. You didn't miss out on much not having internet
 
Got home from the hospital today and have internet after not having ant for nearly a month. Had a nasty case on Pancreatitis.
Glad you are recovering.
 
It's been tough week. My wife has been amazing. I don't know what I would do without her.

She wants to buy me a model plane or decals. I did see one I want. I better let her buy it so she feels better:laughing6:
 
Let me know when you're coming Marcel, and Karl and I will try to meet up if possible.
I've already communicated with Karl. It will be 21-24 march.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back