What Cheered You Up Today? (6 Viewers)

My niece offered to take my 17 yr old up to North Dakota. That is really nice of her. Her three daughters are all grown and have kids, so she's got the room.
 
The DA said it sounds like a great idea. She going to come down today. It's a 12 hour drive.
Hope it all works out for you man!
 
the Sr-71 coming back to life!
 
Well my 17 year old is off to North Dakota where she can get a fresh start. Hopefully she does what she needs to do 12 hours away from the old influences.
 
OK, I thought I had a handle on my heat pump but not so much. It was still cycling like some complete Goombah.
Then I dug deeper into documentation and found my way into the installer's menu!
YEEEHAW!!
page after page of things I dare not touch, and a few pages of things I touched all over.
I changed:
Minimum speed from 30 RPS to 24. That was huge.
It had a forced 50 RPS initial surge. trimmed that to 30
It had a 1RPS/second ramp up and down. Changed the down ramp to 4.
I moved the settings to force a test on it this morning and oh boy.
where before it bottomed out at ~3.4 Amps to the compressor, now it goes down to ~2.4 Amps.
That right there ended cycling.
Before:
It would start up and go to that 50RPS speed, overshoot and half the time it could not capture in time before it just cycled clear off. Goombah behavior.

Now it creeps up, still overshoots at 30RPS, but then that steeper down ramp I set lets it capture and stabilize. Now it overshoots, undershoots a bit, then crawls on up to stable over about 5 minutes time. Then with the new low bottom limit it just tracks.
So now the thing is all about the curve and the heat load.
I can tweak the curve until we are comfortable.
Top edge will be a heat breaker setting that will facilitate a clean cycle off.
I now suspect that we will have a ***** ton of excess power with net metering.
The bottom line is at a minimal load around 50 outside temperature, the system will heat ~2700 SF of framed floor in the top two floors, and
a 1500 SF concrete basement slab with
882 Watts
That includes the two pumps.
Pretty dang cheery if you asked me.
 
Some I am feeling down last night and in comes my ten year to see what I am doing. She sees this and proceeds to read the first two pages with six to seven errors. She had no clue what it was about, but nevertheless she read it to me. It made my next two days. My little one is always surprising me.
1000001684.jpg
 
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back