What I Have Been Reading of Late

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rap is fine with me. It's also the easiest thing to dance casually to (with a partner), as I found out on Friday... Slow dancing is still easier, though.

Rap is fine with me. It's also the easiest thing to dance casually to
But then again, u've always been alittle "off the beaten path" GrG... Thats what make you, u....

I would rather listen to the road noise in my car than listen to rap... If the radio only had one station, and it was rap, I would remove said radio from the dashboard....

But then, once again, Im an old, grumpy, beatup scubaman....

"Somebody stole the radio from my car and the insurance company asked me to name the model and make of the radio so they could give me the money to get a new one. I had no idea what it was, so I just put in a real expensive sounding brand. 'Mr. White, I don't think Rolex makes a radio!' It was a clock radio; fill out the check, insurance boy!" :lol:

I felt the need to share after remembering that, that's all..

On the same day I fell off of a roof and broke my heel, and upon getting back to my '77 Charger parked at the park and ride at exit 60 on the LIE, I found the door unlocked...

Upon entry, I gazed upon a gaping hole in my dash where my Kenwood Stereo used to be...

Upon closer inspection, the fu*ks also took my Pyramid Graphic EQ with all the pretty dancing lights....

Upon even closer inspection, it was revealed that they also scampered off with my double sided tape box, along with the 150 odd tapes that were alphabeticaly stacked inside....

Have just finished the book 'Damned Good Show' Derek Robinson.

Disappointing. OK it tries to get under the skin of the aircrew at this time of the war. Plus it has snippets of info about such raids which I did not know. But I once again found myself skimming through it to get to the next part where they are aloft.

IMHO there's too much emphasis on what they get up to with their womenfolk. FCS who really wants this? Tripe about some geezer who marries some bint and what they have to do to 'make babies'. Argh. Spare me.

If you have seen the wartime film 'F for Freddie then I would suggest you borrow the book from the library for a gander.

I liked DR's other books and this was one I had high expectations of. Sad to say I am glad I didn't buy it!

BTW of all the 'music' there is on offer rap has got to be down there with the worst of country and certain forms of 'metal' or ska-punk, Irish Dancing, R&B, boy bands, girl bands, anyone who can't keep their hands still and points a lot, anyone in a shellsuit, anyone who has a disco deck on stage, McFly, Bon Jovi, Aerosmoth, G&R, Rush, etc etc... argh there is so much poo contaminating the airwaves.... I subscribe to Napster so I could compile a very long list of dross but I also hate lists and besides there's videos to watch and make.. and post... and this thread is supposed to be about books.

That just about covers it Roy oh dont forget all the failed opera singers who didnt make the grade so put out operatic versions of Unchained Melody ect

Les Co... Czech rap is something radically different then the US one... Czech hip hop scene, as based on an undergournd circle of people doing grafitti, poetry and art in the beginning of the 90's, is something totally different then commerce... I know what's abroad HH about and I hate that, too. Czech-Slovak-Polish Hip Hop was more underground and intelectual and with the black music it has as much common as the beats...

Unfortunately, last years, the intelectual atmosphere is dissolving and many people start to act like Wiggers....... But still the high society is around.

On the same day I fell off of a roof and broke my heel, and upon getting back to my '77 Charger parked at the park and ride at exit 60 on the LIE, I found the door unlocked...

Upon entry, I gazed upon a gaping hole in my dash where my Kenwood Stereo used to be...

Upon closer inspection, the fu*ks also took my Pyramid Graphic EQ with all the pretty dancing lights....

Upon even closer inspection, it was revealed that they also scampered off with my double sided tape box, along with the 150 odd tapes that were alphabeticaly stacked inside....
I quess the Navy SEAL motto went for you on this one:

"The only good day was Yesterday!"

I love ska... you know Prince Buster etc. I really like proper dub too. Plus I like the pop end of ska a lot, Madness et al. I think I have quite a wide ranging taste in music but rap is not music it is OK for the people who like that sort of thing but the likes of The Prodigy etc are just vile. But then again so is the racket made by Slipknot or Marilyn Manson (tho he is OK) but I like Rammstein a lot. I like Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk etc as well as Motorhead and the Ramones. I like electric blues a lot and 70s rock. I lke 'alt rock' bands but not so keen on Coldplay any more. I like early goth like Bauhaus and yet not the moden codswollop like CR etc. I like Pink Floyd but not Yes. I like Tom Petty and Springsteen et al but can't stand Aerosmith etc. I like acoustic guitar singer songwriters but I also like Hendrix and other great axe maniacs. I like Japan, Bill Nelson et al.

So you see I am nothing if not disparate and contradictory in my musical tastes. I drive my family mad because I am always playing my 'racket' on the nPod/Muvo/MD etc as well as my PC via wireless headphones. I have loads of concerts on video/DVD too. So far this year I have seen no less than 34 bands.

I sometimes think I would like to focus on just one or two types but I just can't. We are so lucky that there is so much good music around and so easily accessed thanks to the net etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back