What If......

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i know the wingmen had to stay with the leader, but they'll struggle to do so if they're going down in flames................

Which is why the leader bore equal reponsibility for covering the wingman. It was for MUTUAL protection meaning each aircraft was protected by the other. By using tactics like the Thatch Weave or the Lufberry Circle, two planes or more planes could protect each other.

Okay but where were you going to get the troops from? There is no way the allies would have been able to stop the Germans in 1939. The needed to build. You have to forget that the American were not in the war in 1939 and would not have enterered under there foriegn policy at the time. I am not trying to say the Brits could not have done it with out the US but lets face it the US played a very large role. The german army was far better equipped at the time also.

How about this "What" if germany had had the Me 262 in 1942 and the Me-163 hadnt sucked

I still dont think Germany would have one the war even if they had the 262 operational in 1942. It would have made the war a lot different from what we know it today but win no. The key for Germany was to take England and not attack Russia. If they had taken England the US would have had no location to place there bombers and to stage there troops. After England had fallen then the Germans could have turned there full attention to Russia and probably would have defeated them too.

England was vital. Whoever controled the Britisch Isles controled the North Atlantic, and would have not given the US a place close eneogh to stage there troops from. It also would have made it a one front war.

I dont know too much about the raid however destroying a damn can take care of several things. One is if the damn was used for electrical power then you can ellimante a major soarce of power, the damn being destroyed could also be used to flood major areas of land and it can also be destroyed if the damn was hiding other things. But I dont know eneogh about the raid itself, I have read many books on the subject but do not recall much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back