What Is The All-Time Best PC Game?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I also spent hours and hours playing the GHL Face-Off (like 1988 or something...) :lol:

lesofprimus said:
LMFAO.... Now that was a blast back in the day.... But All Time Best???

I know it sounds funny, but think about it...Pong was the very first of the video games. That was the start of the gaming industry. It sure does seem primitive now though, and it wasn't that long ago!

I would have to say Quake 2, Descent 2, and Crimson Skies(before the #%@ C.D. broke :evil:)

I have the Atari Classics CD, which includes 80 games from the old 2600 VCS console as well as some of the old arcade classics like Tempest, Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command, etc. They still rock! :cool:

I also have a couple of Intellivision CD's. Good for the trips down Memory Lane.

Space invaders closely followed by Pac man but i take your point Eric pong was the first so it has to be near the top although I found Lemmings
very addictive when it first came out.

I used to own a Commodore 64 the bloody cassette tape programs took for ever to load all running in dos, There was a game called Dreadnought's a bit like the old battleships game but with graphics and each person issued out their maneuvering orders before commencing to engage the enemy i must have played that for two years solid, sort of computer war gaming , the cassette tape got snarled up around the pinch roll and knackered the data so Dreadnought's went down with all hands so to speak.
A mate brought himself an Amstrad 128 which we all thought was tantamount to a Honeywell main frame, then to top that my brother decided he would like to teach himself a bit about computing and went mad buying an old 2nd hand office IBM unit with a Winchester drive. the first week he had it crashed and it took him 3 months to figure out how to get it going again.

Attachments

• commodore_64_179.jpg
    commodore_64_179.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 200
We used to have one of those in the afternoon school back in 1991... I always hated it and so did most of the pthers, almost none played it...

I had a C-64 as well. For it's day, it was a great machine. I had the tape unit and the really slow disk drive. I think I sold it back in about 1987. For it's day, it had a great sound chip. I remember the C-64 was an "upgrade" for me from the TI-99/4a that I had.

I had an Amstrad for a couple of years too that I donated to goodwill years ago.

Call of Duty, Call of Duty: UO, Call of Duty 2. The first two were especially good online, while COD2 has (mostly) only graphics going for it online (esp. because there are no custom maps out yet, and no patch to fix all of the problems in game). Another good game is Perfect Dark for the N64. I HATE the sequal for Xbox (mostly 'cause its for Xbox), and the original rocked, being the first 3d game to use secondary functions for weapons (on a game console). Finally, I'll end my post with a game I only got to play once, but was addicted on the spot: Gundam Side Story: 0079

Users who are viewing this thread

Back