What is the Best Beer in the World Poll

What is the best beer?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hows this for backup beer is aprox 93% water there cant be that many spots in Europe where you can stop and have drink from a stream without worrying about drinking someones affluent. When I worked with the GAF in Canada they were amazed that the water was so clean. Clean water makes good beer.

Hey - there's some good brews out of NJ!

Hey - there's some good brews out of NJ!
there is no bad beer but what I've noticed is that many beers are far to malty for my taste I find the our domestic beers have less emphasis on the malt which makes them in my mind a cleaner crisper taste (cuts through on a hot day) something I have not found in other beers though its probably a case of what I was weaned on .

Oh man. It's the malty beer that I like. Nut Brown Ale or Bombardier. I too like the hoppy beers, but they can be too bitter if your not careful. IPAs are really hoppy. Though they do go well with sharp cheese.

Attachments

• 1455075.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 157
Hahaha, seeing that German beer has more votes then Czech beer makes me feel nationally offended... You guys don't know what is Czech beer... Mmmm.

I know what Czech beer is and though the Czech make great beer it does not compare to the best German beers.

Dont take me wrong though Pisis. I have never had a Czech beer that I did not like but the Germans are true Beer Brewing Meister!

Purely in the interest's of national pride I will be forced to try German Beer and if I can find any some Czech beers to compare to the Irish beers.It may take some time but I will try and be objective with the results.

Well I remember discussing this maybe two-three years ago here. I really much like German Bier (Hefeweiße and others) but a nicely druaght Czech Gambrinus, Plzeň, Budvar or Staropramen - that is absolute World's top class. 8)

Plzeň Mmmmmm
Plzeň is the name of the city Pilsen in Czech, a major city of Western Bohemia.

Also, the reason why you use the term Bud, is that it is a shorter version of the word Budweiser Budvar. Böhmische Budweis = České Buidějovice, a major city in South Bohemia. Var in Czech means "to boil", so Budvar means the Beer from Budějovice...

What is also very interesting is the fact that almost every small village used to have - not anymore, unfortunaelty - its own brewery. Many of these were founded back in 13th or 14th, some Century!
So everytime I go somewhere in my country, I experience some new brands. :laugh6:

Jihlavský Ježek (Jihlava Hedgehog)

Lobkowicz (A Czech noble family brand)

Svijany Brewery

Here is a complete list of now functioning Czech Breweries (with their relevant hompegeas):
BEERS.CZ * èeské pivo, aktuality, pivovary, hospody, diskuse, akce

1. Ehringsdorfer (from my home town Weimar)

2. Staropramen (I live in Munich but I haven't had a bavarian beer as good as this one from Prague)

3. Breznak (a chech beer too)

Users who are viewing this thread