what is the difference ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
i have a question for you people out there.
what is the difference between TRUMPETER, and DRAGON model aircraft ( WW2 )

As i was bought up on AIRFIX kits. I have looked on the dragon and trumpeter web sites and i can't see any difference myself. all i can tell by going to different model shops on line is the price. £50 to £60 plus, for a quality model plane

your help would be grateful, thanks for looking.

It is not easy to point all the differences that there can be.First of them can be decals.For sure there are differences in variants of a real aircraft, a model shows, also in additionall equipment for it.As far as the quality is concerned there are differences in this as well.What is more it is very difficult to compare these kits of Trumpeter or Dragon to Airfix ones because of the period of the time when these appeared.
I think it is up to you only on which ones you will decide to buy.Of course their price is important as well.

You really need to see examples of each manufacturers kits, both have good and bad points of kits sprinkled within their ranges. reviews on various sites will help when you decide on a model that you want to build.......so get out and surf the net, there will be many opinions, but in the end it's still up to you on what you want to spend your hard earned dollars on...:D

thanks for that.

i always buy the on e that takes my fancy, be it airfix, revell etc.
it comes down to the buyer and what he wants.

I usually search google for reviews on kits before I get them. I just type the name (eg. Tamiya F-51D 1:72) and 'review'. Usually comes up with something, atleast for the more popular subjects.

From reviews I've read so far, Trumpeter kits seem to be well fitting, but a little 'over detailed' (in 1:72 atleast) - but then as someone once said in a review, any scribed line in a 1:72 kit is already out of scale...

Dragon kits are usually pretty good, but sometimes bad fitting. Often there are certain detail inaccuracies too. This I know from experience. The good thing is they sometimes come with engines (1:72 Ta 152, Do 335, He 162, Ho IX, for example)

Both companies belong to the State (or the "people" in their point of view)... The chineese goverment injected a lot of funds to trumpeter and asked its directives to convert trumpeter the best plastic model company of the world, both in quality and subjects. From their last production models you can see they are stepping hard into the modeling market. The Wellington model is amazingly good. A bit over detailed in some areas (eg. the geodic structure), but they come with lots of datailing pieces and the fit is almost perfect, similar comments I've heard from the FW200 and their version of the DC3 (which looks more like an Li-2). This are 1:48 models (my scale) dunno about other scales, although the 1:24 me109 have excelent reviews... The problem is the price, they're quite expensive (in my scale).

I don't have any experience with dragon ( I have the ME163 still in the box). I've read they have some fit issues and accuracy issues too, but overall they seem to be good models, they are comparable to earlier releases by trumpeter.

... can't wait to build my trumpeter sparviero...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back