What Is The Last Movie/Show You Saw? (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just saw Killers of the Flower Moon on Friday. Having read the book some time ago I was really looking forward to the movie. I wasn't disappointed: strangely parts were filmed just as I'd imagined them and I think Martin Scorsese has done a fine job with a difficult subject. It felt like a really respectful treatment and though you know it will never have a happy ending, it was a very fulfilling few hours of my life.

Well worth a look.

Scanning through either Netflix or Amazon Prime (Can't remember which).

Top of the World about a jet fighter pilot who's age has caught up with him (Dale Roberson) and is reassigned to Ladd field in charge of the weather station, who then gets trapped on an ice floe about 200 miles from the North Pole. Not a bad movie at all, of course there's a love story but this one actually makes sense and the plot is not bad either. I can recommend it on that alone BUT...

Some good shots of C-47's with skis, F-94's do a couple of flyovers and the big bonus is when Frank Lovejoy jumps into an F-82 and burns up some sky, goes by the C-47 like a bullet.

Also, Evelyn Keyes and Nancy Gates... :shock::shock::shock: Yowza and Hubba Hubba... Talk about sexy but still classy, worth it just to see those two.

After that was Bailout at 43,000 about testing the bombardier ejection seat on the B-47, again, good dialog and plot, not campy (well, not too campy) and moved along at a nice pace. Actually was fairly believable and John Payne plays the lucky guy to test the seat, one of my favorite actors from the 40's and 50's. All turn in a solid performance and I'd say they both run counter to the normal 40's - 60's schlock plots and dialog you normally get and both films are around 90 minutes.

So, fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 1am and now I'm gonna be up all night (again :rolleyes:), so, just got done getting up to speed with Jonny Harris's Still Standing, now catching up with missed episodes of Heartland.
...oddly enough, one of the episodes of Still Standing had Harris visiting High River, Alberta. That's where Heartland is made and it often stands in for the fictional town of Hudson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back