What is your favorite cheese? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2004
Praga Mater Urbium
Hi all,

my top seven is:

Niva (not that Russian car, but Czech Cheddar cheese! :D )
Yadel (very salty and hard Turkish cheese)
Hermelín (Czech Camémbert)
Mozzarela (with tomamtoes and leaves of mint)
Sheep cheese
Beer cheese
Parenica (Slovak gammoned cheese)

Notices:

- Niva is harder than classic cheddar cheese but has more mold

niva%5Cdetail1.jpg

niva.jpg

- If you eat a whole piece of the yadel, your mouth is totally destroyed by salt

- Hermelín is a Czech speciality when it is drown in oil (over 30 days) with cut onion, tobasco, caraway, sauerkraut, paprika and with a hot pepper on the top. You can order it in every Czech pub, where they have it home-made (I make my homemeades, too).

hermelin.jpg

lahudky_ntherm.jpg

Bon Apetit,
Pisis

Stilton. Take a bite then instead of Port a big sip of a good quality Brandy say Rémy Martin Extra Fine Champagne Cognac and let the flavours mingle in your mouth mmmm, heaven.

Parmigiano Reggiano of course!
But the true one, not that thing named 'parmesan' sold in some Country.

Then almost all the French cheeses and some other Italian cheese like Gorgonzola, mozzarella (the buffalo one, that unfortunately you can find good only in southern Italy: the cheese must be fresh and it's a mess to deliver)
And let's not forget the Swiss cheeses, a Gruyere raclette is a blessing in the cold winter nights...

Cheese is very acid producing and leads to bone breakdown.....but fruit, even citrus fruits, are very alkali producing so they balance out cheese. Just eat lots of fruit as well as cheese and they balance out.

Parmigiano said:
Parmigiano Reggiano of course!
But the true one, not that thing named 'parmesan' sold in some Country.

Then almost all the French cheeses and some other Italian cheese like Gorgonzola, mozzarella
Yup, I love the non-scraped Parmigiano, the triangle, to eat it in wholes. =P~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back