What is your favourite food?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Any kind of fish or seafood. If it comes out of the water, there is a good chance I will eat it.

I also love just about anything that is food from Greece, or the Balkan region (former Yugoslavia).

Oh, so many choices!!! I'll keep it simple, a big, fat, juicy, Ribeye Steak, grilled (over charcoal, propane grills are not allowed where I live) to medium rare. A side of Baked potato with sour cream and fresh cut chives. A nice Pilsner on the side.

Second choice would be my BBQ'ed pork spare-ribs, slow cooked in the smoker and covered in home made BBQ sauce.

Man, I'm getting hungry for some reason.

P.S. I'm the one that doesn't allow the propane grill, it's just not right I tell you!!!

Oh yeah, besides sea food and the above mentioned foods that I posted above...

A big fat juicy Porterhouse Steak or Prime Rib! Had a nice Buffalo Porterhouse the other day, absolutely amazing...

My wife's updated take on my late mother's goulash recipe! A-frikkin'-mazing! Almost cried the first time I eat it! It was that good a brought back a flood of memories!

Also, a dozen or more steamed Blue-Claw Crabs, hush puppies and a bunch of ice cold beer! Though to beat that!

My wife's updated take on my late mother's goulash recipe! A-frikkin'-mazing! Almost cried the first time I eat it! It was that good a brought back a flood of memories!

Also, a dozen or more steamed Blue-Claw Crabs, hush puppies and a bunch of ice cold beer! Though to beat that!

Hey, no fair. I posted the recipe for my favorite food, granted it was just slapping a big piece of beef on the grill, but c'mon. Now you need to post that goulash recipe;)

My present favourite is my latest concoction, loosely based on an Indian dish. I call it Chicken Tarka - it's a bit like Chicken Tikka, but a little 'otter ! I'll get me coat ........

Red Snapper with a good Hollandaise sauce w/crab meat or a Pan sear Ribeye in butter w/onions /green peppers I'll keep it simple.

Smoked steelhead or halibut. When I was in Arizona, I had a meal called Steak Ranchero. When I can gather up all the ingredients(anyone know where I can get yellow chilies in a town of 4000?), this will become my favorite food.

Geo

Sushi Nigri with hot/warmed Sake
(Sake is fairly expensive here for its size, and it is as hard to find as rocking horse tihs in 75cl+ size here in "Brum"/"B'ham" UK - why god oh why?! must it be so oh god of the aethiests why)

Now you're talking. Sushi is my favorite, whether traditional or a big sashimi platter. We had a group of 5 of us from work went to the best "hole in the wall" sushi place in the San Fernando Valley a couple of months ago. We ate a LOT of sushi. The bill is normally about $120-150 for 5 of us. That day, we racked up $350! I was stuffed, but it was so good.
sushi.jpg

For lighter flair, my favorite is a Thai salad called Plah Goong.
l.jpg

I will eat darn near anything and enjoy it though. If you can survive 4 years on military chow, everything else is gourmet. ;)

I'm green with envy (as green as wasabe; or a Kawasaki), you lucky bugger 8)

Mmmm Ogary mmmmm (Homer gargle sound)

Oh, forgot, love a traditional Full English Breakfast too (can be for lunch or evening meal too) but to a be a full tradit' it must have black pudding (musta/veri makkera / blutwurst) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lickty lips drooling.

Last edited:
I love Sushi, though the first time I ever had wasabe I thought it was advacodo. Talk about a slow burn.

My all time favorite has to be Alaskan King Crab legs.

I was in Indiana on business once many years ago, Valperaiso, I had the Besssst prime rib steak at a motel restaurant.... Hungry man size, couldn't finish it!

In San Francisco in Yupper Filmore I had giant clam sushi.... my goodness. Fisherman's Wharf and clam chowder! Breakfast at Mamma's in The City. Buffalo stew at Tommy's Joint in S.F.

My grandmothers apple pie, My apple pie. Pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie. Pork belly, with glass like crackling. My brisket baked in beer. Kahlua pig, it's a Hawaiian thing. Top dog in Berkeley, their German sausages. Chili Verde, Texas chili, slow roast smoked pork ribs.

H3ll no, I don't like my food!!!!!!

I traveled the continental U.S. for more years than I care to remember, one of the best things was the local specialties...
Shrimp in La. steak in Tx. lobster in Ma. the list goes on, but the finest meal I ever had was in Minneapolis at a place called Murrays. The butter knife steak for two. I cut it with a fork. It was expensive though...

The expense is the side line. You do remember it tho!

Annie and me were in Tasmania a few years back. Went to a little village called Ross. It's known for it's convict built bridge and the prison the British bult there, a few years farther back. Stayed at the local pub, special was Morocan lamb shanks, now give me a break! You can't find bangers and mash to save your soul in Australia, unless it's a tourist spot! Like the Rocks district of Sydney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back