What made me sad today... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On July 01st last year I said goodbye to my beloved pal Willie. He was the best. Most of his cremated remains are buried on my property and I have visited him every day that I have been home. I have a small vial of his ashes set aside to be added in with mine when it is my turn to go. Some people think that weird but I just assume they are not dog people. I just came in from today's visit. When I sit quietly and think of him I go back and forth between smiling at the memories and crying at the loss.of my pal. This is the last picture I took of him. Five minutes later he was gone. I miss my pal.

20220701_130748.jpg

Jeff

I am so sorry for your loss.

Pets are amazing. They don't care if you are rich or poor, sexy, or straight up fuggly. All they care about is being loved. And if you love them unconditionally, they give it back 150 times over.

I remember having to put our cat down. She was a part of our family for 17 years. She had congestive heart failure and was suffering. I held her paw while she took her last breath at the vets office and cried my eyes out. Her ashes are in a box on a shelf in our living room.

Jeff, remember the fond memories and cherrish the fact that you both had a profound and positive impact on each others lives.

Last edited:
Guys, sorry for my bad language. I usually don't do that.
Notting to be sorry of it. Sometimes mental pressures are beyond our limits, and we react differently than normal times.

I'm sorry about your friend, and I hope she be able to defeat this stealth killer and live a long and joyful life.

I understand the pain and your frustration Marcel. gonna be 11 years for me with C come this April. always up and down very hard to plan, but have learned as we all should .... one day at a time ~
11 years is a long time Erich. I'm glad you had at leastsome success in the fight, meaning you're still here with us. Hang on in there my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back