what was the best russian fighter of ww2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jrk

Airman 1st Class
Jul 26, 2005
staffordshire
in my opinion the yak 3 was the best.

on the 14th of july 1944 18 yak 3s met 30 german fighters and destroyed 15 for only the loss of one yak.

the normandy-niemen group changed from yak 9s to yak 3s and scored the last 99 of their 273 victories in these machines.

I would go for the Lagg 7. mainly because it was faster and with a heavy armament. With 3 x 20mm it could take on anything and its speed of around 425mph was as good as most.

Glider said:
I would go for the Lagg 7. mainly because it was faster and with a heavy armament. With 3 x 20mm it could take on anything and its speed of around 425mph was as good as most.

Do you mean the La-7?

Hi JCS,

Just curious. Since you posted a reply about the Yak-3 and La-7, why did you post a picture of Fiat G-55s?

Not complaining, just curious ... nevermind, it is a signature!

Call me stupid ... no, just kidding ...

- Greg

La-7 all the way. Fly it in Il-2 Sturmovic and you'll see. (Well why not Lol) It might not be as fun to fly as a Yak-3, but it's tougher and mor heavily armed. Just as i thought. 8)

we tend to try not to bais opinions of aircraft like that on flight sims, no matter how accurate they are........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back