What was it about the black crosses on the wings that made German aircraft the best?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's quite simple, when you think of it.

The nazi base is on the dark side of the moon, where you get dark side of the moon black. Now, as we all know, the gravity on the surface of the moon is 1/6 of the earths. Therefore, when it is applied to aircraft, it confers less gravitational pull on those.

The reason they didn't paint the aircraft all black (except some highly prioritized night fighters) is that it was a sparse resource, and they had to use blockade runners to get the dark side of the moon black down to earth. A tricky task, on account of the anti-gravitational pull. And still just the crosses made the aircraft perform far ahead and abowe og anything the allies had. They only won because of numbers and lousy CGI-effects.

Serious question…

Do they have Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on repeat?

Serious question…

Do they have Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on repeat?
They do.

They are already playing it at speeds which far exeed the allies Dark Side of the Moon pr. minute.

Soon they will have the new Krupp 7800 rpm turntable available. The prototype has been successfully tested this very aftermoon, and it's just about to enter mass prodution.

Any day now.

I forgot to mention, there was actually another additive to the black paint (which was really a very, very, dark grey, RLM Nr.274 Schwerredunklegrau), which was the ultra-secret Schnellerwerdenfeinstaub, a very rare, and horrendously expensive natural resource, found only at the bottom of some carefully hidden ( and heavily guarded) gardens ...
You got a bacon for Schnellerwerdenfeinstaub

As was pointed out a long time ago by people far more erudite than myself, darkness is faster than light. The proof being, that where ever light gets to, darkness is already there.
It must also be remembered that light is far stronger than dark. Wherever light goes, dark runs away.

There is also the technological narrowing of the gap which was first displayed in the use of the Mosquito night
fighter with a thing even darker than the dark side of the moon element. We know it as Black Pudding. When
smeared onto the Mossie it lifted it to become a fearsome hunter. Limitation was it didn't smear too well
on aluminium etc so it wasn't good for bombers. The solution was for all RAF aircrews to eat Black Pudding
before any mission.

That worked even better as a lack of ammunition at any time could be negated simply by farting in the direction
of the enemy (good luck flying through that).

What was it about the black crosses on the wings that made German aircraft the best?
I know we're just having fun. As an ironic dig to Messerschmitt and Bayerische Flugzeugwerke with their use of slave labour to produce their aircraft, my top vote goes to the Star of David markings on the Bf 109 license-made Avia S-199s for best performance enhancement. Has Israel ever lost an air war?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiTy3md2Dw

I know we're just having fun. As an ironic dig to Messerschmitt and Bayerische Flugzeugwerke with their use of slave labour to produce their aircraft, my top vote goes to the Star of David markings on the Bf 109 license-made Avia S-199s for best performance enhancement. Has Israel ever lost an air war?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiTy3md2Dw

I think its a rather fitting FU… lol

It can't. If it did, there would be no Israel to discuss.
Agreed. I refer to this knowledge that any invader is coming not for land, but for genocide in this earlier post about my 2006 visit to Israel. Their government forgot this in throughout 2023, when they ignored the young women of the Combat Intelligence Collection Corps..

But back on topic, I've always liked this photo of a Luftwaffe Jug. Once the prop is installed it's bound to be faster than the USAF variety.

KG200-1200_480.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. I refer to this knowledge that any invader is coming not for land, but for genocide in this earlier post about my 2006 visit to Israel. Their government forgot this in throughout 2023, when they ignored the young women of the Combat Intelligence Collection Corps..

But back on topic, I've always liked this photo of a Luftwaffe Jug. Once the prop is installed it's bound to be faster than the USAF variety.

View attachment 758627

Does it actually need the prop now that it has black crosses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back