What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Savoury Mexican Beans made with minced beef, polenta and Greek yoghurt topped with grilled Cheddar cheese, served up with steamed butter and caraway seed cabbage. Another winter warmer washed down with a good Margret River Merlot.

As for real Italian Pizza Dave, scrumptious, tasty and simply a delight to experience, much better than the over stacked over flavoured concoctions were subjected to on the home front.

Holy smokes Vic! I want to come to your house.

Had to rush home from work today and head to Nanton. "Dinner" was Havarti cheese slices on rye bread and a glass of milk. Apple in the truck.

'Interesting what we crave when denied.. isn't it.'

Yes it is. I think that out taste buds are programmed from birth - youth and there are some things that you get very used too at home and can never find abroad. That can be anything from Tea/coffee upwards.

In France we dont really miss anything British ( we take our tea bags :)) so, we enjoy all the French have to offer.

Too doggone lazy to cook today so called in an order to PF Chang's for some Chinese takeout. Ordered Pork Lo Mein, Fried Pork dumplings, and Shanghai Cucumbers. Don't ask me what Shanghai Cucumbers are, but it sounded tasty.

Last edited:
Nothing special tonight.

Grilling burgers stuffed with 5 year aged white cheddar. Topped with swiss cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions and mayo.

While coals are getting hot, enjoying some New Glarus Beer from Wisconsin.

Er. Isn't Stella Flemish?

Beer from Flanders is good though, especially the wheat beers.

It well may be John..I have never looked or even thought about Stella's origin to be honest. I'm not a fan of wheat beers. Not my thing.
I'm happy to try any beer, but usually go for Stella as I enjoy it.

Nothing special tonight.

Grilling burgers stuffed with 5 year aged white cheddar. Topped with swiss cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions and mayo.

While coals are getting hot, enjoying some New Glarus Beer from Wisconsin.

Dude get your own cooking channel, special or not anything you make sounds delicious.......reading that made me want Burgers at 6am here.....

Today I grilled some BBQ Chicken Breast sandwiches.

Dry rubbed the chicken and grilled it. Put the BBQ sauce on the last 5 minutes (biggest mistake people make is putting the sauce on in the beginning). Then put some Cheddar Cheese on the chicken to melt. After it was melted, sprinkled lots of applewood smoked bacon and onions on it. Then put between bread and yummy!

Enjoyed it with a nice Alaskan Amber Ale...

Pulled some homemade italian meatsauce out of the freezer to make some spaghetti for the boys soccer tournament. Need those carbs! 12oz dried spaghetti between the two of them. :shock: Oh to be young again.

Now what are my wife and I to do... hmmm.

Pulled some homemade italian meatsauce out of the freezer to make some spaghetti for the boys soccer tournament. Need those carbs! 12oz dried spaghetti between the two of them. :shock: Oh to be young again.

Now what are my wife and I to do... hmmm.

Come on Matt you're home with your wife and you come on here, what's wrong with you? See I can be like you guys too :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back