What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Simple what is on the dinner table tonight?

As a foodie, I enjoy talking about food. What are you having for dinner? How was it on a scale of 0/10?

For me tonight?

Beer can butt chicken on the grill, smoked with apple wood chips.

More later on prepping and how it was. (It just went on the grill...)

Ah... a man to my heart.

Tonight is easy. We have been out with soccer practice all day. And it is hotter than hell (at least for the pacific northwest). Tonight is "firecracker hamburgers". Burgers on the grill with melted cheddar cheese and jalapenos blackened and seeded. Add some lettuce and onion and a pickle on the side... call it good.

Tomorrow? Homemade potato salad, fresh corn on the cob and chicken thighs/legs with BBQ sauce and oven buttermilk biscuits.

You chicken sounds good, man. Never have done beer butt chicken before. The paint on the aluminum cans can't possibly be good for you, but I have to try it. Gotta get out my Webber. Apparently, my two grills and smoker is not enough. :lol:

Ah... a man to my heart.

Tonight is easy. We have been out with soccer practice all day. And it is hotter than hell (at least for the pacific northwest). Tonight is "firecracker hamburgers". Burgers on the grill with melted cheddar cheese and jalapenos blackened and seeded. Add some lettuce and onion and a pickle on the side... call it good.

Tomorrow? Homemade potato salad, fresh corn on the cob and chicken thighs/legs with BBQ sauce and oven buttermilk biscuits.

You chicken sounds good, man. Never have done beer butt chicken before. The paint on the aluminum cans can't possibly be good for you, but I have to try it. Gotta get out my Webber. Apparently, my two grills and smoker is not enough. :lol:

I just don't think about the paint. :lol:

All I have is a Webber and a Smoker at the moment. I am fine with my Webber as well, as I am a traditionalist when it comes to grilling. I want to upgrade my smoker to a larger smoking house though.

By the way, have you tried brining a turkey for 24 hours in salt water and then smoking it? Did one for Thanksgiving last year. Most flavorable and juicy turkey ever!

Last edited:
Crap guys that all sounds good. Youall are just teasing the crap out of the rest of us. My wife is making barbecue pork sandwiches, Amish macaroni and baked beans.

Hmm.? Come to think of it, I think I'm going to do alright tonight. I mean Angry Orchard Crisp Apple hard cider, Bud Lite, Bush lite and blackberry wine. I'm not just going to do alright tonight, I'm blessed.

Let's eat Guys, Jeff.

Crap guys that all sounds good. Youall are just teasing the crap out of the rest of us. My wife is making barbecue pork sandwiches, Amish macaroni and baked beans.

Hmm.? Come to think of it, I think I'm going to do alright tonight. I mean Angry Orchard Crisp Apple hard cider, Bud Lite, Bush lite and blackberry wine. I'm not just going to do alright tonight, I'm blessed.

Let's eat Guys, Jeff.

Replace the Bud Lite and Bush Lite with real beer, and then you are doing alright.

Grilled Chicken Salad. My wifes way of saying, maybe you shouldn't have had the large bowl of chili AND the Bacon Cheese Burger with fried egg and hash browns for lunch tubby...ah...I mean hubby!

Nothing too fancy tonight. Deep fried some fish (Walleyes, and Saugers) that I caught this past winter. Served them potato wedges and coleslaw. Washed everything down with an Arnold Palmer (half lemonade, half iced tea).
Fish was pretty tasty, taters and coleslaw were average. Arnold Palmer over ice was pretty good as well.

A Sauger is a close relative of the Walleye. Generally they do not grow as large and thier coloring is a bit different. Pretty much the same thing when fried up.

Tonight.
Fresh sardines fried in virgin olive oil, a full salad, home made garlic bread and a bottle of 'speckled hen' beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back