What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dry curried Ragondin legs with dahl and turnip top salad followed by home made cherry pie from our cherries. Washed down with Breton cider.

Wish I could. Made the potato salad early this morning... always better hours later. Red pepper, celery, sweet vidalia onion, potatoes, some mayo, squirt of mustard and rest. Chicken quarters are rubbed in a homemade dry rub. Rest. Corn is shucked. Rubbed in butter, salted and peppered. Wrapped in wax paper. BBQ sauce made. Little olive oil, minced onion, garlic. Add catsup (ketchup), mollasses, vinegar, dry mustard, chile powder, paprika, hot sauce, chile pepper flakes, paprika.

Now for tonight... light grill. Work some grill magic on those chicken quarters, 1/3 time left... brush with BBQ sauce, rest. Cook corn in microwave (prefer a clean corn taste vs smokey... to each their own).

Oh! And buttermilk biscuits!

Note: I don't do this every night. But weather is BBQ weather and both my boys are home so I can't waste a potential family gathering. They are not long in my immediate home life. Take advantage of them when you can. Regrets suck.

Being winter were into the good wholesome warming foods, so Hil's favourite tonight, I'm cooking bangers and mash. Local made lamb sausages on the barbie with onion gravy, creamy mash potato, mash pumpkin and delicious sprouts. We usually have fresh fruit for seconds, keeping up the fibre and washed down with a good glass or two of fine Aussie wine.

Yesterdays Beer Can Chicken was amazing. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Amazing flavor all around.

Served it with Bruchetta made with tomatoes from our garden and carrots cooked in butter.

Tonights dinner? Chicken again. Fried Chicken though seved with mashed potatos and carrots.

Oh I love the end result of sprouts pretty much any different way. And with Bacon? Well no $hit, Sherlock. I'd eat a mile of turd with bacon on it.

I've gained 6lbs just participating in this flippin' thread.

Fried meatballs (frikadeller) with boiled new danish potatoes, fresh boiled new carrots, melted butter from the meatballs pan, and as dessert I had some watermelon and new peas.
And coffee afterwards. :)

Okay that explains it. That's some mighty fancy eatin' for a young man on vacay in Europe for three weeks. :lol: Bet that was one heck of a meal.

BTW no one eat at Grill at the Square in Leceister Square in London

Utter sh*t and pricey and awful service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back