What's on the menu?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For many years I have used Pappy Boyington's description of the diet he was served when first taken prisoner, as a quick way of dropping a few pounds.
So it is rice and pickles (with the occational hard boiled egg) for me for the next few days.
I will avoid this posting while doing this as it would drive me nuts to read what you guys are having.

I was just reading an article on foods in British Pubs (28 Keys to Decoding British Pub Menus | Mental Floss).

The Scotch Eggs look interesting, anybody ever had them?

scotch eggs are nice David, on thursday i had a hot version in a restaurant, covered in haggis not sausage meat and served with homemade picalilli !
the egg was still soft in the middle and i am still trying to work out how they did it as i might put it on my next menu.

also cottage pie uses minced beef, shepherds pie is minced lamb and usually also has cheese on top of the mashed potato !

Last edited:
scotch eggs are nice David, on thursday i had a hot version in a restaurant, covered in haggis not sausage meat and served with homemade picalilli !
the egg was still soft in the middle and i am still trying to work out how they did it as i might put it on my next menu.

also cottage pie uses minced beef, shepherds pie is minced lamb and usually also has cheese on top of the mashed potato !

Thanks! The warm version sounds better and I do love Shepherds Pie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back