What's on the menu?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is what I'm thinking of cooking next Saturday when I'm up north on a deer hunting trip. It's called a low country boil. Take a big pot of water, add cooking spices, usually some cajun type spices with a little heat, add a bunch of red potatos, boil for a while, add sweet corn on the cob, boil. Then add some chunks of smoked sausages, boil some more. Add seafood of choice, usually crawdad's/crab legs and/or shrimp or any combination. Boil a little longer. You can add almost anything, but that is the most common ingredients.
Then line your table with some plasic covered with newspaper, drain water from kettle, dump all the drained goodies on the paper and dig in, make sure there is Louisiana hot sauce at the table maybe a nice loaf of French bread. I'll try to post some pictures next week if I can keep people from digging in right away;)
I'm salivating right now.

Forgot 3 ingredients, at the start of the boil you throw in some halved onions and lemons. Third ingredient is the beer/s you pour into the cook as everything is boiling.

Last edited:
Cheerios and granola for brekkie this morning.
Couldn't be bothered with my poached eggs on toast......

General term for 'bits and pieces', which, depending on the context, can be anything. In this case probably salad bits (nah - too healthy for Jan) or similar, such as various condiments, sauces on the burger.

General term for 'bits and pieces', which, depending on the context, can be anything. In this case probably salad bits (nah - too healthy for Jan) or similar, such as various condiments, sauces on the burger.

Would 10 slices of bacon, a couple slices of Jalapeno Jack cheese, and some bbq sauce count? Are pickles considered a vegetable?

This mornings breakfast was a cold Pop-tart and a can of diet-coke. Not enough time to make or stop for anything else.

Last edited:
Might have Chicken Tarka - it's a bit like Chicken Tikka, but a little 'otter. I'll get me coat .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back