What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Tachikawa Ki-9 I came across on some blog by some guy who I can't find after looking for it. His dad took some pictures of these abandoned Japanese aircraft. I think he mentioned it was in South Korea. He made one and put a seal over the rear pilot seat as it is in the picture. That's his dad in the photos. I though it was a cool idea for a build so I made mine with slight differences. I took the liberty of putting a "7" on mine and put a barrel in the rear seat instead of sealing it up.

The second completed aircraft is from an illustration from the Eduardo Cea book Tokubbetsu Kogeki Tai Special Attack Units JMA #8: Japanese Military Aircraft (2012). I also ran across a video on the same aircraft which was something I wasn't aware of until I had built it. I found a scratch bomb and the decals came from two different sheets. The aircraft is from the Ryuko Tai "Dragons and Tigers" based at Miyako Shima July 1945

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7LBbRF10vk&ab_channel=TJ3History
I have two more biplanes scheduled for my builds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread