What's on The Workbench (20 Viewers)

A-4E and TA-4J filled. Will try to sand during the week if poss, otherwise next weekend.
View attachment 863536
And did I mention? GOD I LOVE SKYHAWKS!
Nice got 2 myself !
 
Hobby craft Israeli one and the Hasegawa A4-M as it also contains all the bits to do other verions.

Got some Kiwi decals from you a while ago to do an early camouflage NZ bird.
Was about to ask the same, thanks
 
Good stuff Karl. Looking forward to when you do those.

Got a few myself (17...). The plan:
Brazil: 1× AF-1A (ex-Kuwaiti TA-4KU)
Free Kuwait: 1x TA-4KU
Israel: 2x A-4E
New Zealand: 1x A-4G, 6x A-4K, 2x TA-4K
USA: 1x A-4B, 1x A-4M, 2x TA-4J
 
Last edited:
"Open box, insert glue, close box. Leave for 15 minutes at room temperature, shake, open box and remove assembled contents".
 
Looking good guys
 
Zombies!
Zombies.JPG
 
Need minor work. Applied the decals. Not bad for resin kits. The tiny decals haven't gone on yet.
View attachment 862589



View attachment 862591
View attachment 862592
View attachment 862593
View attachment 862594
This is by far my favorite Japanese fighter I love this little plane.
 
Since bailing on the Me 190 build, I have not been idle. I started the $5 Academy SPAD XIII and decided to join the Workbench build thread. The single marking included in the kit is the one with the swastika marking and I'm not going to build it that way. I know that in 1917 there was no stigma because it was associated with Native American culture. There is a decal sheet coming with a "Balloon Busters" theme for $30. I kinda prefer sheets this way because I'm not as likely to build the same kit in different markings. It also has schemes for a Camel and a S.E.5a. So, look for future posts in Recent Purchases.
outside.jpg

This is the view outside my workbench this morning. The walks are shoveled and the Mrs is out running in this stuff :shock: She wants to go on a walk with a purpose this afternoon. (to local pub old:D 🍻)
parts1.jpg

The cockpit is just a bench that extends across the whole width of the plane. Have to see if there is anything that can be done with that. The wings and tail parts have huge ejector pin divots and some flash on everything. I added some shims for the horizontal stab to level it out. Plan to move the elevators and rudder as shown in many photos. Thanks, and stay tuned.
 
Good stuff Alan.
Yeah, the old Academy kits are a little basic (I made their Sopwith Camel in 1986), but with a few tweaks will be nice enough.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back