What's on The Workbench (22 Viewers)

It's only good if I keep progressing with them!
Well if you don't Ill happily take them :)
 
Decals on(very fragile) now just some touch ups and she is done
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4061.jpeg
    IMG_4061.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Decals on(very fragile) now just some touch ups and she is done
Ahh that's just battle damage
 
Well if you don't Ill happily take them :)
Not on your life mate, I love my squawks too much! Glad you like them too though :-)
A4K A4K I struggle if I have two projects. Do you keep build notes on each one?
Some...take the Squawks:
First, I physically line up the kit fuselages and wings worst to best.
My main interest is the RNZAF, so my kiwi subjects (9 aircraft) are the most important, and will get the best base kits and accessories, with spares from these going to the next as needed, and so on down the line. Even the 'worst' kits will benefit from better parts this way.
To keep a track of that, I have the parts physically laid out in the same order in a drawer, and a plan list that changes as builds progress, with entries like:

Ital. OA-4M - Free Kuwait TA-4KU. Gear down, FOD covers. Canopy open. Fujimi TA-4F cockpits, Eduard A-4E PE gear door inserts, etc. Sand and scribe panel lines.
Esci A-4F - RNZAF A-4K NZ6201. Gear up. Delivery scheme (SEA 1) w/RAF- type roundels. Fujimi A-4F cockpit + closed canopy. Hump, straight probe. USN EWR positions. Square tail fin. Move lower antenna. Fujimi engine.
Fujimi A-4F/TA-4F - RNZAF A-4K NZ62??. Gear down. FOD covers. Lizard scheme w/ hump, bent probe. Aires cockpit. Open canopy. Square tail fin. Check EWR positions. Move lower antenna. Kit cockpits to Brazil AF-1a (Ital. OA-4M).
Etc...

...and nice work Bernie! What was the story with the decals - kit decals or did you use a decal setter that was too harsh for them?
.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back