What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Right, took these on my phone, so they aren't the best quality, but you can see the areas where some filler will be required. One thing I can't fathom, with gaps like this, why was it so bloody tight to get on in the first place?!

I have no idea why the last two are upside down either, as they are right way up on Photobucket. Watch this space for right way up pics...

EDIT: Pics have now spontaneously gone right-way up again. Either I'm hallucinating or Photobucket is playing up...

I thought I'd have a bit of a break from the Group Build work, and do some cleaning etc on the unfinished or damaged models, ready to go in the '30 Years of...' thread. So, on the workbench at the moment is the Revell 1/32nd scale Tornado F2, converted to the F3 version, of 23 Sqn, RAF Leeming, circa 1986.
The pics are quick 'snaps', without colour balance adjustment, just for my use in tidying up and finishing this big bird. There's a LOT of cleaning to do, and some repair work, before moving on to the finishing of the model. It's been standing for 10 years (!), and I need to finish some cockpit detail, and the ejection seats. The latter are scratch-built around the base of the kit parts, and still need tidying and some additions, as does the inside of the canopy, hence the masking tape. A lot of the cockpit detail is also scratch-built, and is not yet finished. I left the model, as I want it in a glass case when done, as there will be loads of small aerials etc that will prohibit regular cleaning.
The conversion itself was fairly simple, mainly involving lengthening the tail area, although, as I was unable to get any suitable decals, the Squadron markings on nose and tail are hand painted. The wing tanks will be added when finished and sprayed in a semi-matt clear coat, and I now have two more AIM9L missiles to add, courtesy of the Hunter kit.
When it is eventually completed, I'll post some decent pics in the '30 Years...' thread, but for now, here's some of my reference shots.

Attachments

• TORNADO 005.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 18
  • TORNADO 001.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 25
  • TORNADO 016.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 22
  • TORNADO 007.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 21
  • TORNADO 006.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 21
  • TORNADO 026.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
  • TORNADO 025.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 24
  • TORNADO 017.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 25
  • TORNADO 012.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 23
Thanks Wojtek! There's still a LOT of work to do on the seats, I've only done the basic harness etc so far, and need to refine it, and the other fittings, then paint all the details.

I have made a scrtch-built one for 1/72 scale F-16.Also I have to finish some details and painting it.

Thanks BT, most appreciated. It should look better when tidied and finished.
I look forward to seeing the seat Wojtek. Knowing you, it'll be a miniature engineering marvel!

Users who are viewing this thread