What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers fellas, been busy this evening, 2nd figure is painted, I just need to dirty up his shiny boots, scratchbuilt a small toolbox and stuck it in the painted figures hand. Will post finished pics tomorrow. :)

Want to get this one out of the way, so there won't be any distractions when i start that 190.

well, i can scratch the idea of taping it off and camoflauging it with the airbrush. unless someone can offer me advice? on the other hand I could use the regular brush :\

I've been on a German binge. Working on a Do17Z,Fw-190D,Do217K,Seibel Si-204 and a captured P-47 all in 1/72. My long term project is a Su-24 Fencer.
Ed

Attachments

• workbench.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 45
I need to camouflage it. I had originally wrapped the whole thing in scotch blue painter's tape, but then I realized it's impossible to carve the lines in the tape without damaging the model

I'm not sure Robert, have you covered all surfaces of the model with the tape and then you wanted to cut out ( uncover) these areas you should paint?

The wife bought that desk for me over thirty years ago for the model room.Its starting to show its age....like me.
The Si 204 is a KP kit.The kit number is 37. I think it might be out of production.They still have the newer nose version without the canopy step though.
Ed

No mate, your idea is good. But while the kind of painting is much more proper for 1/48 and higher scales the main problem with free-hand airbrushing in 1/72 scale is how to avoid overspraying on these quite small surfaces.That's way masking is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back