What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the info Ed. Just by chance, I've just watched the 1967 movie 'Triple Cross', and there's a Seibel in a couple of scenes! Coincidence or what?!!

ok, here's the Hurricane. I took Catch 22's advice and pre-cut the tape on a clean surface. I just want you guys to tell me if it's good, and/or if I need to make some adjustments.

Looks like a good job...but I think maybe your pattern is not quite right....Terry will have the right info regarding the actual A or B camo patterns...I think?
However Rob when all is said and done it's your model to with as you wish....

Looks like a good masking job to me Rob! Wayne's right, the pattern is not quite right, but it might be a bit of a job to re-mask, it's up to you.
If you'd like the actual patterns for 'A Scheme' and 'B Scheme', I can post them. The difference was dependant on the serial number; odd numbers had one scheme, even numbers the other. This was a standard pattern on all day fighters throughout WW2, regardless of colours.
Terry.

thankd you guys! I'm actually not going for a precise camo job. just a simple random camo job. tried to make it as random as possible. could you guys show me?

If you're happy with the 'random' pattern you've masked Rob, then just go with it. What do you want to be shown, and how are you painting - spray or brush? We'll see if we can help.
Terry.

well, I'm looking to do my first airbrushed camo. and I want it to be neat. so I'm takign Matt's advice and pulling the tape off towards the paint while it's wet.

That's the way, but not when the paint is fully wet. Pull off when the paint is not quite dry, which is what Matt meant, that way, it shouldn't leave a ridge.

I can see you are in "very good hands" Rob.So my help is not needed here.
But if i can put here my three cents.... Just for future, there is a lot of the Hurricane camo patterns for both A and B variants in the net.Having them downloaded and resizing for the scale of your model you can use them for making these camo spots.
Anyway your effort looks good.

I hadn't actually realised there were two specific patterns for Hurri camo. When I did mine I sat with my brush and tried to follow the Airfix paint guide and box art, with a bit of artistic license thrown in

Will post some pics of that soon, it isn't far away from completion now...

alrighty! thanks, guys! I dont think I need to mix in any thinne, cos it looks to me like the paint itself is already at the consistency of milk. it's one of the 1/2 Fl Oz

Users who are viewing this thread