What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Flat coat with Winsor & Newton. Landing gear and wheels were just painted. This aircraft was flown to the East Coast and disassembled, created and shipped to Iran so no weathering

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Need to paint the lil bits and the tail wheel cover which I believe was O.D.. The antenna is a flush mount so I'm going to drill small holes, insert thin wire and mount

IMG_0008.JPG

Considering how old the Mania kit is, it builds up into a nice representation. This is a B5N1 of the 12th Ku. The aircraft has been kindly donated by the Tokyo Machine Works 'Houkoku 268' China 1938-1939. The decals are from Rising Decals. These have been either really good or troublesome.
20240724_232715_HDR.jpg

20240724_232728_HDR.jpg

20240724_232741_HDR.jpg

I wanted a B5N2 from Midway, so I went with Tomanaga's aircraft. The decals provided by R.O.P. had the tail number in white, but everything I researched indicated red. The decals provided by R.O.P also had the tail marking as BII-310 which would have been incorrect as Hiryu and Soryu changed the BI and BII with each other as Hiryu become the flag ship of the division. I ended up having to go to some very old stash decals from the 70s. I found a 'red 3' and a 'red 0' to make it work. I also ended up borrowing the yellow double bars below the tail numbers from a different R.O.P set. It came out decent enough. The blue stripe was painted on and the white stripes were decals borrowed from a Rising Decals set since this wasn't in the R.O.P. set either. These are difficult decals to work with. I don't recommend them.

20240724_232624_HDR.jpg

20240724_232653_HDR.jpg
20240724_232639_HDR.jpg

Similar. They're for a tabletop war game I got into recently, and the army they belong to are called "Lizardmen." They're basically intelligent dinosaurs mixed with Mesoamerican mythology. Recently finished painting one of them, still got many left.
1721967206417.png

In other news, I'm considering starting a P-61 Black Widow model kit. It's a few years old at this point and probably should be done already, but I'm anything if not a procrastinator.

Similar. They're for a tabletop war game I got into recently, and the army they belong to are called "Lizardmen." They're basically intelligent dinosaurs mixed with Mesoamerican mythology. Recently finished painting one of them, still got many left.
View attachment 790563
In other news, I'm considering starting a P-61 Black Widow model kit. It's a few years old at this point and probably should be done already, but I'm anything if not a procrastinator.
Cool on the table top game, and as for procrastination, why do today if I can deal with it in ten years is my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back