What's on The Workbench (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lovely models Jessie. I must admit I have no knowledge of most of your collection. In the case of Japanese aircraft my knowledge ends for the most at Jack and Jill, Betty and Oscar, Tony and Sally, Val and Judy. I know the US nickname and not the manufacturer or the nomenclature. Well the Zero is a Mitsubishi A6M and it get confusing from there as to Zero Zeke Rufe etc…..

1722174803137.png

When I started building the stash, I had to research many different aspects of the IJA and IJN air forces. One of the most difficult was the color schemes. The navy was easy after 1942 because they had that deep dark green that's almost on everything they used. The army, on the other hand, has more variety in their colors used. Then you have those tail IDs, here the IJA tends to use fancy designs for their aircraft. The IJN was constantly changing their IDs, which can get confusing and make it difficult to build specific aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

• A4K
Back