What's the difference.....?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you're all wrong about me. Not to mention proved my point. Not one person has showed any desire to be civil. "Dont let the door hit you on the way out" "Wont be missed around these parts" No wonder there are hardly any new members here. And i'd rather walk alone in the right direction than blindly follow the heard to slaughter. Maybe if you all spent less time in the past and more time being open minded instead of just jumping right in to point out every little nitpicking detail the atmosphere here might be a little more welcoming. Instead of this lord of the flies mentality you have going on here. But hey, im sure its all my fault right? Heaven forbid anyone actually show some touch of empathy. As for not being missed, i assure you all the feeling is mutual.

Actually you're all wrong about me. Not to mention proved my point. Not one person has showed any desire to be civil. "Dont let the door hit you on the way out" "Wont be missed around these parts" No wonder there are hardly any new members here. And i'd rather walk alone in the right direction than blindly follow the heard to slaughter. Maybe if you all spent less time in the past and more time being open minded instead of just jumping right in to point out every little nitpicking detail the atmosphere here might be a little more welcoming. Instead of this lord of the flies mentality you have going on here. But hey, im sure its all my fault right? Heaven forbid anyone actually show some touch of empathy. As for not being missed, i assure you all the feeling is mutual.
Okay, all fine, I'm sure you are a good bloke, but writing
If the answer is yes(with all due respect) you are an idiot. Or you are just looking to make someone you know nothing about to be a fool. Either way it's rather immature
is a rather rude way of communicating. (the bold style is my doing)

I don't really see why you don't understand that. Calling someone an 'idiot' or 'rather immature' is not really a nice way of treating people in my world. It's not respectful or do you dissagree?

What am I missing here? Tell me.

"... Not one person has showed any desire to be civil."
Stop whinging! Members have given positive responses 656 times to your various posts since you joined in 2017. Hardly uncivil.
You're making yourself the story here.

Don't leave on my account. I was a new member. Good day to you Mr. Stover.

Smokey's right, thin skinned egos might have a hard time feeling comfortable here, but who needs 'em, anyway? So long, Smokey!
Cheers,
Wes.

Ok, so i admit using the words idiot, or immature is wrong. Im not the kinda guy that generally makes judgement about people i know nothing about, so i would be offended too. What i was trying to say is a lot of people seem to enjoy finding mistakes or faults in any post they can find. But maybe im misunderstanding that for factual correction which i accept. But not wanting to start off again, im no attention seeker. For one im not here all day every day. And i rarely get involved in forum debate. So if i have been rude or disrespectful i will do the adult thing and give my genuine apology (For what its worth) Maybe its too late to apologise. But im quite happy to just post pics unless anyone has any objections. And in future keep my opinions to a minimum. Its only because im passionate about aircraft and of course a little patriotic. But again, i do sincerely apologise to anyone who felt offended. Im not out to cause trouble or get backs up. And im also not so ignorant or stubborn to not admit if i have caused any drama/disrespect. Again that was a stupid rant not a facetious attempt at trolling or hating. That's not who i am. And yes, many members have been kind enough to appreciate my picture posts, just as i have been with others.
Most sincerely...
M.R.H

Last edited:
Ok, so i admit using the words idiot, or immature is wrong. Im not the kinda guy that generally makes judgement about people i know nothing about, so i would be offended too. What i was trying to say is a lot of people seem to enjoy finding mistakes or faults in any post they can find. But maybe im misunderstanding that for factual correction which i accept. But not wanting to start off again, im no attention seeker. For one im not here all day every day. And i rarely get involved in forum debate. So if i have been rude or disrespectful i will do the adult thing and give my genuine apology (For what its worth) Maybe its too late to apologise. But im quite happy to just post pics unless anyone has any objections. And in future keep my opinions to a minimum. Its only because im passionate about aircraft and of course a little patriotic. But again, i do sincerely apologise to anyone who felt offended. Im not out to cause trouble or get backs up. And im also not so ignorant or stubborn to not admit if i have caused any drama/disrespect. Again that was a stupid rant not a facetious attempt at trolling or hating. That's not who i am. And yes, many members have been kind enough to appreciate my picture posts, just as i have been with others.
Most sincerely...
M.R.H
Hi Smokey,

Very decent of you to write this post and no, it's never too late to apologise. I have no problem whatsoever with you personally. Only the use of those words usually escalates a discussion, so I give everybody a warning when I see that kind of language.

As for the critical response on your posts, you have to understand that most of us here are nerds (sorry guys :lol:) en quite precies on details. Also many people have strong opinions. So sure, you are alowed to ventilate you opinion like everybody), but be prepared to get some flak as there are always people disagreeing and being passionate about it. If it becomes too much, take a step back and breathe or if it's really bad, report the post to the moderator group.

Marcel

There are 17 uses of the pronoun "I" in your post, Smokey .... by my accounting. Just an impression.

See, this is exactly what i mean.... Am i missing a joke here, or does everyone enjoy trying to wind me up. I Make a genuine apology and you come out with that crap. FY! And dont even dare try to twist my words again.

And this....
suppose you were joking with this post as well :rolleyes:
Seeing as it is a well known scouse soap actress not Flt. Lt. Juliette Fleming ? I will omit the users name.
My reply
Actually i was, and your wrong. It's Claire Sweeney who used to be in Brookside..... This is exactly what i was talking about before. Do i really need to spell out every detail when making a joke or being sarcastic. Jeez, lighten up already....

Nobody can say i didnt try. For the most part members here are ok. It's just one or two guys that should be taken out into the woods and beaten with wooden spoons and left to bleed in the moonlight.

Instead off being a total jobsworth, maybe use your spare time to actually do something other than try to wind up others. I dont care what anyone says, these kinda comments are childish and uncalled for. Least i can leave knowing im not the one who's an asshole....

I for one will not back down on pointing out misrepresentations or factual errors when I encounter them and I don't find joy in calling them out. If it's taken as criticism of the poster then so be it. As you yourself have observed Smokey, there is a lot of garbage out there on the net. It behooves those of us who know better to do their part to preserve historical accuracy and to do so in a respectful way and for those who posted the inaccuracies to either accept the error or to counter with facts and evidence to the contrary to maintain a healthy debate.

No need to spare my blushes regarding my post

I have a wooden spoon !
Your free to borrow it any time.

IMG_20180605_173630.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back