Whats the speed of dark ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can now positively confirm that the speed of dark is about equal to the speed of light.
I went to sit down on a revolving office chair, which revolved as I hit it, tipping me off sideways, onto the floor, with my head hitting the edge of the coffee table.
It got dark very quickly indeed !

Here weuns goes agin. Dark is not a thing as it is not a physical entity but the lack of a physical entity, light, a form of energy. Color - this one has been beaten to death multiple times in the modeling sections. Color is a physical perception within the visual cortex of the brain. It is triggered by three types of special cells (cone) in the retina. Each have a different threshold energy required to cause them to fire. Since the energy content of a photon is determined by its frequency the arrival of low energy photons is perceived as the color red. Medium energy photons are perceived as green and high energy photons as blue. Thus color TVs for example need only three types of emitters red, green, and blue.
Dark, absence of energy, zero color, however there are also a second type of cell in the retina, rod cells, containing a very sensitive to light chemical Visual Purple. This very sensitive compound will react with minimal amounts energy thus even very few photons will cause a reaction. Thus you loose color and switch seeing in various shades of gray down to total absence or black

Ok, I know that you Britishers talks funny and have your own vocabulary but....A non-physical entity cannot have a speed or a velocity (they're different things). Something that does not physically exist cannot move. The reduction in the quantity of your money (a physical reality) is not a movement but a non-uniform saltatory reduction. In a sense it occurs instantaneously like subtracting 1 from 2. There are only two states, you've either subtracted the 1 or you have'nt, i.e. it is not a rate hence no speed is involved.

Ok, I know that you Britishers talks funny and have your own vocabulary but....A non-physical entity cannot have a speed or a velocity (they're different things). Something that does not physically exist cannot move. The reduction in the quantity of your money (a physical reality) is not a movement but a non-uniform saltatory reduction. In a sense it occurs instantaneously like subtracting 1 from 2. There are only two states, you've either subtracted the 1 or you have'nt, i.e. it is not a rate hence no speed is involved.
This was covered by Shakespeare in King Lear

Foole: The reason why the seven Starres are no more then seven, is a pretty reason.

Lear: Because they are not eight.

Foole: Yes indeed, thou would'st make a good Foole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back