Whats the speed of dark ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is the latest pic I have-

View attachment 478560
If you look close at this picture you will see it has a model airplane in it. The modeler painted the entire model with a base coat of black, but before he decided on a final finish he decided to come here looking for sources for color pictures, but not getting any, he has not finished painting it yet. Poor fella.

Last edited:
Dark is not that fast if you think of this.

The one-electron universe postulate, proposed by John Wheeler in a telephone call to Richard Feynman in the spring of 1940, is the hypothesis that all electrons and positrons are actually manifestations of a single entity moving backwards and forwards in time. According to Feynman:

I received a telephone call one day at the graduate college at Princeton from Professor Wheeler, in which he said, "Feynman, I know why all electrons have the same charge and the same mass" "Why?" "Because, they are all the same electron!"
from wikipedia

So what is your favourite and correct way?
The best way is to hold the cigarette close to the flame (or against the coil, if electric) until it starts smoldering, then it's ready to go (along with a cup of coffee, preferably).
Doing this prevents the loss of facial hair (beards, moustaches, eyebrows) along with one's dignity...

In January 2002, the true colour of the Universe was declared as somewhere between pale turquoise and aquamarine, by Ivan Baldry and Karl Glazebrook at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore Maryland.
They determined the cosmic colour by combining light from over 200,000 galaxies within two billion light years of Earth. The data came from the Australian 2dF Galaxy Redshift Survey at the Anglo-Australian Observatory in New South Wales, Australia.

But!
In March 2002,
Glazebrook now says the true colour this data gives is closer to beige. "I'm very embarrassed," he says, "I don't like being wrong."

The mistake was caused by a bug in the software Glazebrook had used to convert the cosmic spectrum into the colour the human eye would see if it was exposed to it. "There's no error in the science, the error was in the perception," says Glazebrook.

Glazebrook has now teamed up with Mark Fairchild of the Munsell Color Science Laboratory at the University of Rochester in New York, who pointed out his mistake last month.
Fairchild realized the software Glazebrook was using actually took a slightly pinky looking colour as white. "There was a huge green shift due to the erroneous white point," he says.

When this was corrected, the colour was actually on the pinky side of white, a slight beige colour. Fairchild now hopes to test the software model by generating an exact replication of the cosmic spectrum light and shining it into someone's eye, so they can experience the true colour of the Universe. But Glazebrook is confident this time. "It won't change again," he says.

The John Hopkins group were using the cosmic spectrum – not the subjective colour it corresponds to – to trace the history of star formation in the Universe. Their scientific results are not affected by their mistak

Read more: The Universe is not turquoise – it's beige

Read more: The Universe is not turquoise – it's beige

Users who are viewing this thread

Back