What's wrong.....with todays music?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whatever your tastes, music needs to evolve or it stagnates, just like anything else. I've actually started to listen to some Japanese rock bands, but I'm still a die-hard rock fan. No matter your preferences, just enjoy the rhythm of your likes. That's what it's all out there for.

Jo Stafford was known as the 'Lady with Perfect Pitch' and yet she could sing out of key on the old Red Ingles comedy albums.
Me, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the Big Band era, some of the fifties stuff and then really enjoyed the 60 s , 70s and early 80s music. Since then, not so much.

You mean the poor Chinese did not get to see the remake of Red Dawn?
I worked in China, the Carpenters and The Monkeys were still popular there. While in Japan the Beatles were still popular in 1999, there were a few places that only played Beatles tracks on the piped music, as a colleague noted, "the Beatles were a great band but I didnt realise they produced so much shyte" (he was from Glasgow).

The Beatles produced great stuff. They also let Ringo sing, and put out crap like "Yellow Submarine" or "Octopus' Garden" -- the latter featuring both shitty songwriting and Ringo singing.

The Beatles produced great stuff. They also let Ringo sing, and put out crap like "Yellow Submarine" or "Octopus' Garden" -- the latter featuring both shitty songwriting and Ringo singing.
Believe me, I was a great fan of The Beatles, but there are some tracks I had never heard before that were played every evening in some Japanese restaurants that were complete rubbish, some I hadnt heard before going there, but were genuine Beatles songs. How many dont you know from this lot? List of songs recorded by the Beatles - Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread