Well all Hello to the new member KometLover. I cannot say i agree with you on the comet, bybe the 262. But yes the RAF jet was not up to the Germans. That said the USAAF was not even as good as the Brits.
How can the Stirling be anyless ugly then the Lancaster?
I shouldn't assume you would all look at them properly, it was the Ta 183 plus a Rolls Royce 'Nene' engine creates a Mig-15. Of course they moved the tail plane down and extended the fuselage to accomadate the engine but it was a German designer that encouraged those changes.
A pritty interesting thought! I always had the idea the Russians (Soviets) developed the Mig from the Captured German airframes and plans. I need to admit I have not read about the engine program.
Ok I am trying to get a photo with my quote, but it would seem I missed?
plan_D thanks. I am looking. Though I really do like what I have. i have some more of her quotes. I was reading yesterday about Pearl Harbor and picked one up from a chaplin. it might find its way here some time. 8)