Which side would you fly for?.......

Which side would you fly for?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well all Hello to the new member KometLover. I cannot say i agree with you on the comet, bybe the 262. But yes the RAF jet was not up to the Germans. That said the USAAF was not even as good as the Brits.

How can the Stirling be anyless ugly then the Lancaster? ;)

The British jet engines were, if the Germans got with the British in designing a jet it would have been amazing...wait a minute...

Ta183_DM_face.jpg

+

nenecut.jpg

=

mig-15-uti_2.jpg

I shouldn't assume you would all look at them properly, it was the Ta 183 plus a Rolls Royce 'Nene' engine creates a Mig-15. Of course they moved the tail plane down and extended the fuselage to accomadate the engine but it was a German designer that encouraged those changes.

A pritty interesting thought! I always had the idea the Russians (Soviets) developed the Mig from the Captured German airframes and plans. I need to admit I have not read about the engine program. :oops:

Ok I am trying to get a photo with my quote, but it would seem I missed? :(

Yes, most of the American and Soviet planes came from German designs and British engines.

I hope you get a good B-24 sig, I like mine :D.
Yes, the smiles are a little disturbing, and mildly annoying.

plan_D thanks. I am looking. Though I really do like what I have. i have some more of her quotes. I was reading yesterday about Pearl Harbor and picked one up from a chaplin. it might find its way here some time. 8)

I'll be looking forward to it.. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back